Filming in Edinburg 25-04-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindenChase

Twitter Alert! Not much to go on, but worth a mentioning I guess.

The boys have been spotted in Edingburgh leaving Balmoral Hotel early in the evening. Someone else saw James driving around in a jaguar and more mysteriously a third person tweets: just passed James may surrounded by clamouring, make-up caked 12-year-old girls. what?

@jst1986 mentions a race, but I can't decide whether he is serious or not:
Can't wait for new Top Gear. London to Edinburgh race, Richard on bike, Jeremy on classic train and May in a classic car!

My geography on the UK is sketchy at best, but I believe cycling from London to Edingburgh against a car and train would be rather ambitous.

Oh, and they were spotted at the airport later on, so no need searching Edinburgh if you happen to live there. Hopefully it means they will be attending the BAFTA's tommorrow.

Last edited:
I work in Edinburgh - if they'd been there on a weekday I may have been able to have a nose around for filming activity. In fact that hotel is across the road from where I go for lunch.

Hopefully they'll slam Edinburgh's woeful eternal roadworks, impending tram system and proposed congestion charge.

Hmm, sure its not a motorbike? I live just south of London, and have been to Edinburgh, and it is...hmm...quite far away. Should be an amusing race.

Earlier today someone who just like me has no hobbies or a life tweeted that he had overtaken James on the A1. Would that be the road from London to Edinburgh?
And yes, a motorbike would make more sense. :D

Hello,
I have greater details on this...
I attempted to post all about it earlier, but being a new user the post still hasn't appeared, I'm guessing due to admin checks..

Shall I post it in here again, or wait for the first post to be put through...?

Steve

My geography on the UK is sketchy at best, but I believe cycling from London to Edingburgh against a car and train would be rather ambitous.

Ambitious and guaranteed to lose. Cycling would be a multi-day trip.

I work in Edinburgh - if they'd been there on a weekday I may have been able to have a nose around for filming activity. In fact that hotel is across the road from where I go for lunch.

Hopefully they'll slam Edinburgh's woeful eternal roadworks, impending tram system and proposed congestion charge.

Roadworks, yes. Proposed CC, yes. Tram? No. The tram will be great once it's actually up and running - the problem is it's taking forever to build, that's all.

Hello,I have greater details on this...I attempted to post all about it earlier, but being a new user the post still hasn't appeared, I'm guessing due to admin checks..

I think new users can't make new threads for a bit, if that was what you were trying. But :welcome:! And why not just post the details in this thread now its here?

Hello,
I have greater details on this...
I attempted to post all about it earlier, but being a new user the post still hasn't appeared, I'm guessing due to admin checks..

Shall I post it in here again, or wait for the first post to be put through...?

Steve

Post again! I'm curious. :) You probably included links. That's why the mods will want to check it out before they'll let it go through.

Just being cautious with the rules of the forum!
Ive been here for a couple of years in reality, and have seen what can happen when people don't follow the rules. ;)

Basically the race is Clarkson on a specially charted steam train from London to Edinburgh, the steam train being the brand new built 'A1' 'Tornado'
Hammond is using a Vincent Motorbike and May an XJ Jag, they were both supposed to go the old fashioned routes north, (i.e. A1 road vs A1 steam).

I shall leave the other bits until my original post appears.
It does have links in it to some pictures, so once its up, this thread or the new one can be locked as needed.

Steve

@jst1986 mentions a race, but I can't decide whether he is serious or not:
Can't wait for new Top Gear. London to Edinburgh race, Richard on bike, Jeremy on classic train and May in a classic car!

Hmm, sure its not a motorbike? I live just south of London, and have been to Edinburgh, and it is...hmm...quite far away. Should be an amusing race.

I was going to say; I'm sure Richard would be motorcycling from London to Edinburgh, not going on a bicycle. I mean, the fella's quite fit; but not that fit, I'm sure!

Earlier today someone who just like me has no hobbies or a life tweeted that he had overtaken James on the A1. Would that be the road from London to Edinburgh?

It would. :nod:

Last edited:
I was going to say; I'm sure Richard would be motorcycling from London to Edinburgh, not going on a bicycle. I mean, the fella's quite fit; but not that fit, I'm sure!

That Rail forum confirms it's a motorbike.

I drove that route(A1m) the other week and there were lots of roadworks so I can't see the car or bike winning, unless the train is very slow.

[YOUTUBE]hoL9Jkvwc3A[/YOUTUBE]

The Tornado arriving in Edinburgh. Jezza's on the footplate.

Hammond must've been really late because Clarkson and May became Wedding Crashes at the Balmoral:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKBkPO1Mba0[/youtube]

I think this is May's mode of transport:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vNs9IxWr-Y[/youtube]

Last edited:
lol, anywhere they go the cameras come out!

The other day I was thinking of driving the length of the A1, this is rather spooky!

One more.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnDJ16CHH98[/YOUTUBE]

I like the interest James seems to take in the bride's flowers in the other video. Do you think he has been dreaming of plasticine flowers?

Is that JC at 0:22 in the video of May and the car, or am I hallucinating?

Is that JC at 0:22 in the video of May and the car, or am I hallucinating?

Can't make it out. I guess it's the member of the production team that had o drive the car back to London. I know it's Andy at 1.13. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.