Filming in High Wycombe 01-05-09

LindenChase

Not twitter, but good old Google News alerted me to this:

JEREMY Clarkson and his Top Gear co-stars cruised into High Wycombe today for filming ahead of their upcoming series.

Pupils at Royal Grammar School in Amersham Road were ?delighted? to see the television motoring gurus arriving to shoot an episode of the popular BBC2 series outside the school's old building.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/4336389.Jeremy_Clarkson_and_Top_Gear_stars_in_town/

I hope these kids do what kids these days always do and we'll be able to see phonecamera footage on YouTube later on. :D

Edit: they have added some pics now. (edit: made by Dominic! :))

Last edited:
Nice indeed. They don't look like ?100 cars, but I could be mistaken. And what is Hammond's car? We have a Volvo and a Golf - looks like some kind of a Hyundai to me, but not a Coupe...

What if they didn't buy these cars at all?

Well, I don't think they knicked them. :p

I like the comment.

YourBucksn95dude, Hazlemere says... what mr page said is a lie
only the head boy and a few senior prefects got to see what was happening
we didnt get to see a thing

Awww, how very British. :D

It is very possible that they did knick them though.... though not from just anybody

Last edited:

I like the comment.

YourBucksn95dude, Hazlemere says... what mr page said is a lie
only the head boy and a few senior prefects got to see what was happening
we didnt get to see a thing

Awww, how very British. :D

I thought it sounded dodgy in the article that they let as many of the boys as possible watch but classes were still held.

Well, in this new pic there seem to be an awful lot of boys in the background looking on. :)

I remember that years ago they were filming Ocean 11 (12?) outside the office where I worked. Which meant Brad Pitt and George Clooney were both there. :drool:

My girl-colleagues and I just put a post-it on our boss's computer to tell him we had taken the afternoon off. :D

Last edited:
Just a short video clip...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv36nUeGih0[/YOUTUBE]

Well, in this new pic there seem to be an awful lot of boys in the background looking on. :)

I remember that years ago they were filming Ocean 11 (12?) outside the office where I worked. Which meant Brad Pitt and George Clooney where both there. :drool:

My girl-colleagues and I just put a post-it on our boss's computer to tell him we had taken the afternoon off. :D

But that could have been lunch break time.

Not twitter, but good old Google News alerted me to this:

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/4336389.Jeremy_Clarkson_and_Top_Gear_stars_in_town/

I hope these kids do what kids these days always do and we'll be able to see phonecamera footage on YouTube later on. :D

Edit: they have added some pics now.

Please credit me (Dominic) for my pics :)
But that could have been lunch break time.
This was in the morning when they were arriving actually. I was there :D

The hyundai is an S-Coupe, the car that came before the Coupe

Yes, another cheap car challenge :lol:

Volvo 940 estate..!

..That's what I drive!

..Can't wait for them to bash the shit out of it :)

Once again Clarkson will make fun of the Volvo.

I hope I'm wrong and he takes it powersliding - that will be awesome!

Volvo 940 estate..!

..That's what I drive!

..Can't wait for them to bash the shit out of it :)

So what happened to the Sierra??? ;)

Clearly the same challenge. But the challenge is clearly flawed. They have forgotten the key cost to young drivers (in the UK) - insurance. Going by the lowest insurance groups for each car (which they won't have, because they're from TopGear :p), they are Groups 10 (Hyundai), 14 (Volvo) and 6 (VW). Not cheap at all.:|
Even if the cars are ?50 each like the original ?100 car challenge, paying over ?1000 a year for insurance may become tiring.

Last edited: