Final Gear Car of the Year?

darkshark0159

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz C240 W203, British Rail Class 450
FG_carofyear.png

Welcome to the 2008 Final Gear Awards
UPDATE: I am now collaborating with homer_bart on the Final Gear Awards. See the new thread.

MOVED TO: http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/finalgear-com-car-of-the-year-2008-nominations-32502/

:nazilock: Lock requested, thanks.

Last edited:
I did change my search a bit and managed to find one similar thread, but it didn't seem to lead anywhere. This would be fun because we could all vote.

Maybe try with this formula:
Best Car:
Best Noise car makes:
Ugliest Car:
Worse Car:
Best Sports Car:
Best Small Car:
Any ideas of more categories to add ?

We don't want to have too many categories. I personally would scratch the noise one for beat practical car or best off road car or something.

BTW, it's "Worst", not "Worse". :)

Last edited:
This had been my idea. I guess we could discuss which categories:

best forum member
best candadian
best wheels
best noise
best thong...

I guess best noise is more important than best practical car ;)

Well, I think it is a bit difficult for everyone to pick a best sound. We would have to find and upload recordings of the cars. I feel a strong need for a practical car category.

Again, BTW... it is "I think", not "I guess". Sorry, I am not trying to be rude. I am just trying to help you with English since it doesn't seem to be your first language. I have lots of mates from Poland. :)

Last edited:
This had been my idea. I guess we could discuss which categories:

best forum member
best candadian
best wheels
best noise
best thong...

:lol: Yes, we could make it humorous. In all seriousness though, the first one would probably be a landslide for Viper.

someone's going to ask this eventually so i guess i'll go ahead and say it "what about the golden cock award?"

Again, BTW... it is "I think", not "I guess". Sorry, I am not trying to be rude. I am just trying to help you with English since it doesn't seem to be your first language. I have lots of mates from Poland
I meant guess, practical car ? Come on, its not a Marina forum ;)

I see. Very sorry. I've just been helping a lot of people with their English skills lately.

IMO, after Top Gear went for the Mondeo for best car, there isn't any reason why there shouldn't be a practical car category.

@nate_bartlet - Hmm yes, that is good. Candidates like Gordon Brown, Bush, and other "popular" people. (Brand maybe? What about the ex-TG presenter that criticised Clarkson?)

Check this image out: :D
3100980490_5ec67fdd7c.jpg

Last edited:
In no particular order, here are some of your suggestions. Maybe a mod can sticky some polls if everyone wants to do this.
FG_carofyear.png

FG_practical.png

FG_smallcar.png

FG_sound.png

FG_sportscar.png

FGc-ofyear.png

I think some rules should include maximum one car per mark, with exceptions like Ford where the NA and Europe cars are significantly different. Obviously, all entries must be 2008/2009 model years, so sorry, no Oliver ;)

Last edited:
Mitsubishi Carisma, clearly. Closely followed by a 944 in the "soapbox racer without self powering" class.

Nice idea, but it'd be very hard to pull off. Getting any sort of a decisive conclusion to shortlists of cars or categories would be hard enough (Us lot? Agree on that scale?), let alone deciding winners.

Next year I want to get my FG Best thong award.

We'll all vote for you for in the Betht Thong category, ath long ath you promith to thing it!

:lol: or should that be :canadian:

Nice idea, but it'd be very hard to pull off. Getting any sort of a decisive conclusion to shortlists of cars or categories would be hard enough (Us lot? Agree on that scale?), let alone deciding winners.

I understand. I am working on an unbiased list, and will post it. No arguing if a dictator picks the list for you :p
It isn't the shortest of lists, but I think that if it becomes a sticky, we'll get plenty of votes. The winners in each cat. will go on to the "Best Car" final vote.

I just need some people to find some favourite car sounds on YouTube to use.

Last edited: