• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Final Gear Podcast...

ScottyTee

Well Ill start by explaining what a "Podcast" is as many of you may not know for those of you that do you can scroll on down.

So what is a podcast?

"Podcasting, a portmanteau of Apple's "iPod" and "broadcasting", is a method of publishing files to the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed and receive new files automatically by subscription, usually at no cost. It first became popular in late 2004, used largely for audio files."

It is really like a recorded radio show that you download and put onto your portable media device, new episodes are usually realeased every week or month.

What has this to do with Final Gear?

Well I was thinking that we have so many great members here in FG that we could make a podcast, where a group of 8 or so of us get together at a certain time each week and discuss via "Skype" the online talking utility whilst I record our discussions and then once finished ill tidy it up and make it into a great podcast.

I think this would be great for the community and also bring it together more. What do you think would you be interested in downloading it?

Do you have a preview?

Yeah, and you can download it at the following address:

http://rapidshare.de/files/8386341/FinalGearE001.mp3.html

Let me know your thoughts and if you want to join the group of 8 or so of us and have a microphone and a good connection speed, post it up.

haha yep I like giving a lot to the community :) I admin a lot of sites and giving some ideas that I have put on my forums... :D

it will you have to wait around 45 seconds, scroll down to the bottom of the page after you click free and you will see it ;)

Me no speaki Engrish, can me be in audio share happy file? :D

I've never really gotten into Podcasts, maybe now I would though... maybe put up a trial episode.

Shawn_230 said:
Me no speaki Engrish, can me be in audio share happy file? :D

I've never really gotten into Podcasts, maybe now I would though... maybe put up a trial episode.

hahahaha lol

you think many people would listen to a discussion about an episode
a) they already saw
or
b) they don't wanne hear any spoilers of

who said it was discussion about an episode? Its just going to be a podcast on topics at the minute in teh general motor world ;) and I think there would be a very large audience. If 2 million people listen to a tech podcast then I think a right few will listen to this...

Not sure if it will fly, and doesn't affect me as I'm not into iPodding (Yes, that's now a verb :lol: ), but mucho kudos to you for the idea and trying to initiate it. :thumbsup:

bone said:
a) they already saw
or

Judging by the length of the "Specific Episode" Discussions, I would have to say yes

I'm also not into iPodding (hey, it IS a verb) or podcasting, and I most certainly won't listen to it, but like i often say: if you don't think it's interesting, don't click on it and leave people who love it alone.

And I respect the fact you wanna contribute and explore new things. If there's one thing that's difficult it's to get people warm to do something.

jeffy777 said:
bone said:
a) they already saw
or

Judging by the length of the "Specific Episode" Discussions, I would have to say yes

not realy

in the specific episode you give your opinion
while listening to the podcast, you can say what you want. people around you will only start looking at you in pity :lol:

aka, you can only listen

bone said:
jeffy777 said:
bone said:
a) they already saw
or

not realy

in the specific episode you give your opinion
while listening to the podcast, you can say what you want. people around you will only start looking at you in pity :lol:

aka, you can only listen

I'm guessing there are more people that read these forums than actually post :)

Im new here and was just wondering how to download the clips for Top Gear. I cant find an icon or anything to click on.

If anyone could help out that would be great

M3 BoyRacer said:
Im new here and was just wondering how to download the clips for Top Gear. I cant find an icon or anything to click on.

Are you talking about video clips? The torrent links are on the main page:
http://www.finalgear.com/

if you wouldn't nick someones thread if you have a problem, that would be great

and top gear isn't downloadable from here no more, you'll have to go to mininova and search for torrents

EDIT: crap, to late

jeffy777 said:
M3 BoyRacer said:

Are you talking about video clips? The torrent links are on the main page:
http://www.finalgear.com/

Not only that, there's a specific area entitled "Problems" that this type of request should have gone in...chin up, noob :roll:

I actually suggested the idea in our IRC channel. I listen to podcasts often and they needn't be on a iPod SiR :) But yeah, I was foolin' around at the time, especially since I didn't know what to talk about. :)