Final Gear Racing 2012/2013

Final Gear Racing 2012

Final Gear Racing 2012

Challenger CLFP9. 9000lbs, floor-plate style. It's actually been on site since Monday, but the factory forgot to include the box of hardware to put it together, so the tech offered to come back on a Saturday so I didn't have to take off work again.

I think that is the same model we have in the garage.. What color did you go for?

Anybody still here?

There's really been nothing to report on sadly. The Vic still needs a new engine and other safety items, the GTP is running but it needs a new cage and seat, and we don't know what changes will be in store for the new 2013 rules.

I think that is the same model we have in the garage.. What color did you go for?

I got blue. I can't recall what I actually ordered (it's somewhere on the paperwork), but it doesn't make a difference to me :p

Final Gear Racing 2012

Final Gear Racing 2012

I got blue. I can't recall what I actually ordered (it's somewhere on the paperwork), but it doesn't make a difference to me :p

Twins!

I'm glad to see FGR still has a pulse. I'm in the midst of recovering from a severe hard drive failure so I only just now got back around to FG, three weeks after the incident.

I'm glad to see FGR still has a pulse. I'm in the midst of recovering from a severe hard drive failure so I only just now got back around to FG, three weeks after the incident.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but...

We started off the year with every intention of doing a race at some point this year, but as the saying goes, life is what happens while you're making other plans. Between the great GTP Engine Hunt of 2011/2012, bad luck following Crash Holly (my name for EMW) around like it's his shadow, and various other things, we just couldn't pull it off. Even if there was a race being held at a track we could realistically make it to before the year was over, parts of either car could possibly be rendered out of compliance with the 2013 rules, and then we would have just wasted our time and money. We're not expecting anything major to change, but we won't know for sure till they get posted, so it's best that we just wait and see.

With luck, we won't have to do anything too drastic to either car and then maybe things will start falling in place for our eventual return. This also gives us more time to make sure both cars are at 100% instead of rushing back out there just to scratch the itch.

Well, good luck to all you fellas! And hopefully they don't make you have to do too much more to the cars.

Final Gear Racing 2012

Final Gear Racing 2012

Still need to buy a new seat, rails, and a few alterations to the killswitch system.... Have to go over the rules for 2013 to make sure we are compliant.

Beating PunisherBass to the punch:
2013 Lemons Schedule
March 16/17--Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC
March 23/24--Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma CA
April 13/14--Monticello Motor Club, Monticello NY
April 20/21--Gingerman Raceway, South Haven MI
May 4/5--Eagles Canyon Raceway, Decatur TX
May 11/12--New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon NH
June 1/2--High Plains Raceway, Deer Trail CO
June 8/9--Autobahn Country Club, Joliet IL (this date may shift into July/Aug)
June 15/16--Summit Point Raceway, Summit Point WV
June 29/30--Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow CA
July 20/21--The Ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton WA
August 10/11--New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville NJ
September 14/15--Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows CA
September 21/22--Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC
September 28/29--MSR Houston, Angleton TX
October 26/27--New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon NH
November 2/3--Road America, Elkhart Lake WI
December 7/8--Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Desert Center CA

November in Wisconsin? Dear god. I don't know if I own enough arctic survival gear for that.

November in Wisconsin? Dear god. I don't know if I own enough arctic survival gear for that.

There's plenty of time for both of you to get your bodies ready for a cold weather environment, stop being a bunch of pansies, if I can go out to the East Coast and melt then you can come to the midwest and get a little bit chilly. :p

Daily high of 30F is called "TOO DAMN COLD". Count me out on that.

It ain't that cold, you just need to toughen up and stop being a wussy. Insulate the rest of the FGMCC, pick up another space heater, and get some thermal long johns and you'll be fine.

aintthatcold.jpg

Still no Mid-Ohio Race...:-(

Blame track owner for that, not LeMons. Remember least year, the reason for it getting pulled from the schedule was due to the very limited number of cars they would allow on the track, which would have more than doubled the price of our entry fees.

Because more cars on the track wear the track out faster, right?

(Or is it "more 10,000lb campsites turn the pretty grass into a rutted, rocky hellhole"?)

Small update for everyone, I've spent the last couple days trying to narrow down a possible replacement seat for our Sparco R100. After doing some research and polling the LeMons community, I think we have a winner picked out, but as always things could change.

FX1-29501-SR-XL.jpg

It's a Corbeau FX1 Pro, a lot of LeMons racers use them. Instead of being a tube frame or a big aluminum pan like a Kirkey, this is actually a one piece fiberglass shell. That is important because I've been hearing that Evil Genius (LeMons safety guru) doesn't like tube frame seats but allows them because he doesn't want to make so many teams get new seats, and aluminum seats will need additional back bracing if they are found to be a bit flimsy. By getting a one piece fiberglass shell, we avoid both of those issues and hopefully will remain legal for the next several years.

So things are progressing, just very very slowly.

April 20/21--Gingerman Raceway, South Haven MI

I'm going to try to make it out to, at the very least, watch.

What are you talking about? That's Tshirt weather! No, seriously, it is. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? That's Tshirt weather! No, seriously, it is. :rolleyes:

Pay no attention to what my partner in crime says, his body just longs for the warm California climate of his youth. :p