Final Gear Racing 2012/2013

Supercharged Pinto, actually. For certain, leaf-blower derived values of 'supercharger'.

Bottom line: The leaf blower was the only good part of that engine. Everything else was a catastrophe. Full report to come later.

More like their sexier siblings had a baby :p

- - - Updated - - -

More like their sexier siblings had a baby :p

If you don't follow the FGR twitter account, then you missed the news that we're done racing for the year. It's a combination of our fearless leader being unable to get the time off required and cost, we don't have enough drivers to cover all of the costs involved. So once the new rules and schedule gets posted closer to the end of the year, we'll know what our next move will be. Hopefully there won't be anything major that we'll need to do to the car and we can jump right back into it in the new year.

FGR has a twitter?

Thanks!

Headed to CMP tomorrow to cheat on the team some more :)

Have a GoPro mount attached to my helmet, as well as a rollcage mount, so I should be bringing back some Pretty Pictures from inside a Mitsubishi Cordia.

Or, you know, I'll bolt it to the pop-up tent we're under while repairing a Mitsubishi Cordia. However that works out.

I have some somber news for everyone. I heard from Quiky (who heard it from EyeMWing) that there was a fatality at the race today. From what I was told, a Honda went down the back straight at full speed and hit the wall and then flipped over. According to the cops, he had a history of heart problems and apparently had a heart attack which caused the crash, from the sound of it he was dead before he even hit the wall.

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=949811#.Uj5cNs0QueY

That is terrible, best to his family.

I have some somber news for everyone. I heard from Quiky (who heard it from EyeMWing) that there was a fatality at the race today. From what I was told, a Honda went down the back straight at full speed and hit the wall and then flipped over. According to the cops, he had a history of heart problems and apparently had a heart attack which caused the crash, from the sound of it he was dead before he even hit the wall.

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=949811#.Uj5cNs0QueY

:cry: Terrible news.....

So I took a Gopro to the race. Naturally, I strapped it to the road car for the drive down and got too busy to bother moving it into any of the AWESOME race cars I was driving.

Here is the result:

Headed to CMP tomorrow to cheat on the team some more :)

Have a GoPro mount attached to my helmet, as well as a rollcage mount, so I should be bringing back some Pretty Pictures from inside a Mitsubishi Cordia.

Or, you know, I'll bolt it to the pop-up tent we're under while repairing a Mitsubishi Cordia. However that works out.

:blink: coco's attention, you haz it.

The final outing for the FinalGear Racing family for 2013 is me. Going to Sonoma/Infineon/Sears Point/Whatever That Track is Called This Week. December 7-8. Racing the K-car again, assuming it survives two more races. If it doesn't, I'll throw my lot in with something interesting.

And sorry, Coco. I didn't actually end up driving the Cordia (my butt would not have fit). Spent my time with a '57 Ford convertible instead. My gopro rollcage mount ended up getting borrowed and used in the Fury, which spent most of the weekend up on blocks, so I didn't get in-car from anything.

I did, however, rent a Mitsubishi Galant for Sonoma. And the K-car is Mitsubishi powered.

The FGMCC was looking a little sad after being out in the weather for four years, and needed some cleaning and TLC. Luckily, I was furloughed at work and had plenty of time to dedicate towards the massive cleaning. Used a random-orbital buffer, Klasse All-in-one polish, three foam pads and a dozen microfiber towels. Took my father and I a full day to do the siding, aluminum trims and front fiberglass cap..

Before:

After:

:thumbsup:
Much better!