Final Gear team on TOP GEAR TRACK project

DoriKiN

Car(s)
e36 325i
Hi guyz,

I thought id start a post to help me out on this project i want to start for LFS FG team. I basicly want to rebuild TG track in 3Ds max so i can make scene renders of LFS cars with FG skins. All i have till now is the sattelite pic of TG track. What im hoping to get are some more pictures in highest possible quality of things like corners tirewalls small bups n roads going from the track and some of the scenery around it. Id do it myself but i rescently deleted whole my TG archive to make space for 3D stuff.
If any of u want to do it then please ill be very thankfull :roll: another idea is to maybe make the studio itself, and replace the studio cars with LFS cars. And for the track idea it'd be great to have HQ pictures of Clrks,May,Hamnd and Stig on the track aswell....
http://img71.imageshack.**/img71/6186/tgtracksa1.th.jpg[/img][/b]

Well hopefully this will get things going...
This idea was basicly brought to my attention by Mischief007 on LFS forum, so thanx to him aswell...

How would this work on the parts of the track where you go over the same bit or use the same tyre wall.

ESPNSTI said:
I wonder if anything usable could be found in the calendar thread.

http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=640

Yeah tanx for that its all pretty low res but i got some inspirations form that. All the people that worked on the site should also send me stuff like final gear logos n such so i can work with that 2. I mean i hate doing all the work myself. As for the screencaps.... some might work just fine. There are dvd rips and HQ 600mb rips of the show as far as i think u could prolly use some still shots of the track for making scenes... but for reference of building the track u can also use low quality shots as long as theyre not 2 bad (u have to pay attention to details). btw i dont get what peter3hg2 means...

Myself im pretty new to max but ive been a grafix designer for pretty long now. Im still a student but dont relly make no real money with my talent. Im a pretty impatient guy, and to be honest i hate working my ass of on a project to get it done as i want (cause it takes long, im a perfectionist "when i got the patience"). But what i really get the kick from in this work is when u can create something that looks real and its really a fake. I love thinkin up cool concepts, but obviosly i never have the time to put em all to reality (as most of u prolly). Well hopefully we can get this off the ground with some of your help. My reasoning and inspiration for this project should be obvious to u readers. Its to promote one of the coolest racing games for pc for a long time... Live For Speed of course. And the TG theme is pretty logical 2 cause it being the most famous show on the air now and our addiction to it and this site :thumbsup: . Oh yeah and to show off some FG team skins ofcourse :p .

I've made a first preview of one of the ideas i had...
But first some things bout it. This is my first ever impression made in 3ds of a real photo. I didnt finetune all the materials, pretty much none actually. I mostly wanted to finetune the lighting but even with that i got frustrated and did it pretty quick eventually. I had some major flaws in the final rendering and desided to just photoshop the mistakes right. As i got the slowest box in the world i thought fuck the rendering... Took me like 2 hours to render the final shot. I also thought cause i sucked at it so bad i might just as well let someone else finish the work for me in finetuning 3ds scene so ill post it here aswell later.. with the .psd Stig with a mask.
I hope someone would wanna do it, but im guessing there will be. This should become a pretty popular theme from now for FG skins renders :roll: .

http://img222.imageshack.**/img222/9973/thestiginspirationrawvl9.th.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.**/img208/4055/thestiglfsfgem6.th.jpg

Remember that eventually i just stuffed it and made an inspired by that stig photo scene instead of rebuilding it realisticly "cause it takes soo long to render :thumbsdown: "

Hopefully this will give u guyz a bit inspiration uself for doing some work on this theme.

lol, wtf is the Stig doing with a Tractor?

And I edited your posts to use thumbnails. ;)

lol k im thinkin i just reloaded and its thumbnailed :lol:

Nice one i just thought it wouldnt matter. And that wallpaper is from TG site so itmust be official.

Viper007Bond said:
lol, wtf is the Stig doing with a Tractor?

And I edited your posts to use thumbnails. ;)
If my memory serves me he did a lap in the JCB for TG magazine. It took and 2:30 I think. I've tried searching for it before but can't find any evidence.

EDIT/ FInally with some interesting search techniques I have found it was in the Top Gear Magazine edition from July 2004. It was on page 132-136

EDIT// Oh and the actual time was 2:53

EDIT/// Oh and it was a JCB Fastrac 3190.

U kiddin... he actually drove it lol
and 2.30 is pretty quick aswell, i wonder if it went fast enough for him to get scared lol. After all i remember Jez sayin that the only time he was scared was when driving that RangeRover i believe or could be some other offroader. But yeah obviosly i didnt choose that pick for the tracktor but for the hq photo of stig :evil:

DoriKiN said:
U kiddin... he actually drove it lol
and 2.30 is pretty quick aswell, i wonder if it went fast enough for him to get scared lol. After all i remember Jez sayin that the only time he was scared was when driving that RangeRover i believe or could be some other offroader. But yeah obviosly i didnt choose that pick for the tracktor but for the hq photo of stig :evil:

I think he got scared driving the Lamborghini LM(Something) The 4wheeldrive

I think he got scared driving the Lamborghini LM(Something) The 4wheeldrive

The LM002 (offroader of sorts)?
The Murci?lago is also 4WD, as is the Diablo VT 6.0 I think...