No 56k: FinalGear around the world care package - Progress & Photo thread

clarkson-thumbs.gif

Ready for a few more? No???? Tough :p

Approaching Husavik, first port of call in Iceland. Although due to the rough seas we couldn't actually dock. Hope you like the Viper's safety harness :D Bit disappointed not to land as we had a whale watching trip planned, but we did manage to see a whale from the cruise ship later on so all was good :)

Akureyri, second port of call. Whole day trip to several sites.

Namaskard geothermic field - I think the Viper still stinks from all the sulphur!

And thank you all for the rep and "dammit, out of rep" comments. Having the little car along with me got me noticed, and was the reason I got invited to dinner on the Captain's table for the farewell party. :cheers:

Epic. And of course the Viper has now effectively visited two volcanoes.......

Those shots are awesome!

It'd be cool if the ships course data could be downloaded off one of those marine traffic tracking sites and integrated into official travel Google Map

Those shots are awesome!

It'd be cool if the ships course data could be downloaded off one of those marine traffic tracking sites and integrated into official travel Google Map

Well if anyone's got access to historical GPS ship tracking data (or whatever!), this is the ship's details. That site does contain all the info, but needs payment for more history than 3 days.

So, I see the little Viper went through enjoyed some BDSM.......

:wicked:

Oh, and did the Viper make it north of the Arctic Circle during its journeys in Finland/Sweden/Norway? On this trip it went into the circle twice. Once as we rounded the Melrakkasl?tta peninsula on the NE side, and secondly rounding the Hornstrandir peninsula on the NW side. (I think I've got those names right!

Not quite. Like about 100km short on Finnish side. And I think that border crossing might've been the north-most point of the trip.

Edit: Oh right, me and my bad memory. We picked up the Viper from public, so it was nowhere near arctic circle (like 450km by car). :p

Last edited:
Is the Viper going on the crazy ringmeet road trip way up north of the Arctic Circle?

It should!!

I know there was half a plan to get it to Redliner to take back to Brazil from Ringmeet.

Last edited:
And then have Quiky take it back to America to hand it over to Viper in person?

I believe Ice had plans regarding the handover, which I don't want to mention here.

Ice is involved, that should be penis around.