No 56k: FinalGear around the world care package - Progress & Photo thread

I wouldn't have had it for so long if people had replied like they were supposed to.

Well, I'll be honest and say I can't take it anywhere cool in the winter around here (pun not intended). So if you decide to send it back to Europe, you can drag me down the list so I can get it sometime in the summer. Then I can take it somewhere nice, all I can do now is take pictures of it on top of gigantic snow banks.

:dunno: could be worse, the delivery truck taking it to or from you getting stuck under one :(

Nah, postal service still works around here, through the winter storms. Though it is rather slow. And it might be delayed in some sort of multi-tractor-trailer chain collision on the highway, like we had yesterday:

Sorry that I disappeared. The past week or so have been work hell for me and I wont bore you with the details.
But the Viper and Alfa have been out in the world and will be at the autocross tomorrow! Please excuse the iPhone photos, it is the only camera I have.

The story so far:

We start with the unboxing. I was amazed with how much stuff was in the box. It has built up quite a story.

I decided to walk it through the park to prove Texas isn't actually a huge desert with cactus everywhere.

Traveled down to the locks to enter the river walk. And sadly that is when I got the call from work that ruined the past week!

After sitting around waiting for both me and the weather... It made it to the Alamo. And truly had its welcome to San Antonio.

The Viper was joined by its round the world companion, the Alfa.

Took a rest on a cannon:

Stopped by the memorial:

Then walked to the most stereotypical and touristy place in the city. Casa Rio and the River tours. (Sorry again for the iPhone pics, god the depth of field sucks)

Tomorrow I will take the cars to the second autocross of the year and they will hit the track! Hopefully they will bring good luck.
Sorry again for the lack of updates, but I am happy to send the car wherever it needs to.
Though I would prefer not to post it back to Germany, but I can if need be.

Last edited:
Back from a great day racing. Weather was amazing and the competition was close. Sadly ended up in second, but it was a power course so I cant complain too much :rolleyes: darn ST Focus

Getting ready:

Out walking the course:

Getting the grid set:

Gridded behind the Boxster Spider:

At the start line for a recce run in the passenger seat:

At the line to start for the day:

Back in the pits with a days track grime:

Finally me representing Final Gear in the vintage shirt. I am happy I got to take the cars to the track and I wish them luck in their future travels!

Last edited:
Decided I couldn't do without one more picture. The cars catching up on today's Top Gear. How better the spend a post race afternoon?

Now that is how you do it.

Next!!!

I guess two americans vanished from the list then.. :mrgreen:

Well then, off to FranceCanada! :shifty:

I've already taken it through Canadia :p

#winning

I need to get a new wheel for the Lulzcer and see 'bout pwning...nothing at all. Ever.