No 56k: FinalGear around the world care package - Progress & Photo thread

^^^^^
:roflmao:

I don't know where the car is planned on being in mid July(17-20) at this point, but I am tentatively planning on going to Road America for some vintage road racing action. It would be nice to take it with me if at all possible.

The spreadsheet is in Ice's signature. It should be in Oceania or Asia by then if people would get a move on.

I was removed from the list anyway, so I guess it does not matter...

lmao, just kidding, pictures will have to do. Will upload some once I get some time.

You cruel bastard :lol:

As for me, shitfest 2k14 went down so the plans I had for the package fell through spectacularly. But! I was able to take a few pictures before I handed everything over to toma_alimosh.

This was not the box I was expecting...
f0d076f9-a37f-4491-8233-ba70d89475ff.jpg

Oooh...

How many layers of duct tape does this thing have on it?

Postcards! And the cars!

Me and the cars! (And the big-ass bump on my head)

Hi all. Sorry for the lack of activity on this thread. I will take some more photos tomorrow and will post them together.

Unfortunately, I've had a very busy time at work and my mom's been feeling bad lately. Today she started coughing up blood and she's in the hospital right now. So I won't be able to take the cars anywhere fun, it's the least of my worries right now. So, as I said, I'll take some more pictures tomorrow and will contact the next on the list to arrange how I will be passing the package on. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all. Sorry for the lack of activity on this thread. I will take some more photos tomorrow and will post them together.

Unfortunately, I've had a very busy time at work and my mom's been feeling bad lately. Today she started coughing up blood and she's in the hospital right now. So I won't be able to take the cars anywhere fun, it's the least of my worries right now. So, as I said, I'll take some more pictures tomorrow and will contact the next on the list to arrange how I will be passing the package on. :(

Thought I'd post this here as it's kinda related to the package but I got an unpleasant surprise in the mail from FedEx Canada. Wanting me to pay 14 bucks on the FG package for some kinda bs "Remittance Advice". :/ Bunch of scammers...

Hi-Ho All,

Are ya' ready kidsss!!?? Here comes the unboxing gallery :)

And it arrived!!
BZ8dQww.jpg

Courtesy of the people of FedEx that shipped it to Canada
qWN5BEn.jpg

Oh, look, there is a box inside a box, I wonder what's inside...
TF9Uhxt.jpg

Mmmmm, packaging...
Iwado5i.jpg

Oh, and there's also this box:
jxVcJvX.jpg

Oh my, more packaging, I feel a crisis coming on.
x3gdqtF.jpg

There's also some inscriptions on the box. Must be the quick setup guide, but I can't make sense of it, might have been translated from Chinese and lost in translation:
vIEQF1N.jpg

Oh, yeah, you guessed it, packaging. :D
Wl241Et.jpg

There's other stuff inside too, probably unimportant accessories to the packaging:
FpSZhKs.jpg

Does this qualify as lens flare? :p
mpM9vMY.jpg

And TADA!!!!!!
rVzulL5.jpg

xPj6Uei.jpg

TxZ3kbD.jpg

Oh, and ... welcome to Canada. The reason why I can't take them anywhere nice:
z4YMclW.jpg

EDIT:

More pictures to come, maybe tomorrow. And I'll start arranging to send it on.

Last edited:
Thought I'd post this here as it's kinda related to the package but I got an unpleasant surprise in the mail from FedEx Canada. Wanting me to pay 14 bucks on the FG package for some kinda bs "Remittance Advice". :/ Bunch of scammers...

Crap, it was assessed Duty fees??!! Damnit, when will NAFTA work for us ordinary people??!!:mad:

If customs duty is going to be a problem from here on, then we need to settle on ways to send it that may minimize or exclude duties. What I worked out is that anything arriving in Canada that's less that 20 CAD is duty-free. As well, packages containing items worth less that 60 CAD and clearly marked on the package as "GIFT", containing a list of items and their fair market value should go through customs without incurring duties.

Now, it looks like THGL is next on the list, so I'm sending the package to Kentucky, where it may incur duty fees again. The rules for sending gifts to the US is that fair market value of the contents of the package must be less than 100 USD and must be clearly marked on the box as an unsolicited gift and posted with a list of contents and their fair market value. The post cards are written on, so no fair market value at all, so that leaves the cars.

Does anybody have the purchase receipts listing how much the viper and the alfa cost? Just out of curiosity. If you have a copy that I can include with the package, that would be even better. The copy just needs to show the listing of the product and a monetary value for it, so you can black out personal or financial info. The customs people can disagree and put their own value, but if we can prove them wrong, they'll have no choice but to let it through. If they cost more, I can make a case for a lesser value on the viper, since its mirrors fell off, thus it is damaged (less fair market value), don't know about the alfa. Anyone able to contribute here? I want to get this sorted out before I send it. No sense in governments getting taxes they shouldn't out of this.

Damn. Sorry to that about your mom :( Hope she feels better.
Well, she's out of the hospital now, so things are looking up. :) And it definitely takes a load off my back.

Crap, it was assessed Duty fees??!! Damnit, when will NAFTA work for us ordinary people??!!:mad:

If customs duty is going to be a problem from here on, then we need to settle on ways to send it that may minimize or exclude duties. What I worked out is that anything arriving in Canada that's less that 20 CAD is duty-free. As well, packages containing items worth less that 60 CAD and clearly marked on the package as "GIFT", containing a list of items and their fair market value should go through customs without incurring duties.

Now, it looks like THGL is next on the list, so I'm sending the package to Kentucky, where it may incur duty fees again. The rules for sending gifts to the US is that fair market value of the contents of the package must be less than 100 USD and must be clearly marked on the box as an unsolicited gift and posted with a list of contents and their fair market value. The post cards are written on, so no fair market value at all, so that leaves the cars.

Does anybody have the purchase receipts listing how much the viper and the alfa cost? Just out of curiosity. If you have a copy that I can include with the package, that would be even better. The copy just needs to show the listing of the product and a monetary value for it, so you can black out personal or financial info. The customs people can disagree and put their own value, but if we can prove them wrong, they'll have no choice but to let it through. If they cost more, I can make a case for a lesser value on the viper, since its mirrors fell off, thus it is damaged (less fair market value), don't know about the alfa. Anyone able to contribute here? I want to get this sorted out before I send it. No sense in governments getting taxes they shouldn't out of this.

Well, she's out of the hospital now, so things are looking up. :) And it definitely takes a load off my back.

Good to hear about your mum! :D

I think listing everything under $20 and clearly marking as gift should be alright. And probably not sending it via a courier company. We may shit on Canada Post a lot but at least they don't pull shit like this. Why I got an unpleasant surprise is that it wasn't marked as a gift. Well that and companies like FedEx are looking to make extra money however they can. The GST itself is maybe 2.80-something but they have to tack on bs "fees", which I never asked FedEx to declare anything for me. Plus the copy of the paper work they sent me, says nothing about the postcards. Then another declares the value at 22 dollars.

I have to fax in the dispute paper tomorrow but until then, I don't (and will not) pay anything.

Yeah sorry I messed up the shipping. I listed it as $20 and a gift on at least one form I filled out, but I didnt realize it needed to be on the box. That and they made me fill out like 4 forms so I may have messed it up at some point. The reason I sent it fedex was that they were half the price and twice the speed of USPS, but I didn't realize they would try and rape old lace. Sorry again.

It's ok. Mistakes happen. Funny that you mention that you said that it was a gift on one form. The copies they sent me didnt say anything about that or the form that was on the box I think?

Sorry again for the lack of activity, been a busy week again.

Update: Messaged THGL, he said he asked to be taken off the list earlier, so I'm going to be sending it on.

Next on the list is skidd in san fran, and then BerserkerCatSplat in Calgary. So in the interest of avoiding any unnecessary duty fees, I'll be sending it to BCS first and asking him to send it onto skidd to complete the circle. Just sent BCS a private message to arrange to send it on. Pics of me and the package to come, tomorrow if I have time.

I'm glad my horrible black Gorilla tape has remained on the package all this time.

Though the MG shifter I threw in seems to have disappeared.

Last edited:
I'm glad my horrible black Gorilla tape has remained on the package all this time.

Though the MG shifter I threw in seems to have disappeared.

Well, the optional extra stuff was supposed to only travel to the next recipient, so not a surprise really. :)

Don't you dare send it on without a selfie, you hear?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, where in Canada are you, so I can put you on the map.

Next on the list is skidd in san fran, and then BerserkerCatSplat in Calgary. So in the interest of avoiding any unnecessary duty fees, I'll be sending it to BCS first and asking him to send it onto skidd to complete the circle. Just sent BCS a private message to arrange to send it on. Pics of me and the package to come, tomorrow if I have time.

I got Toma's PM, I'm good to take the package next (phrasing!) and then I'll send it down to skidd.

holy shit you mean i might actually get it this year?!