FinalGear Around the World Care Package!

At the risk of saturating an area, I'm in! I'd be up for doing something joint with people around here too.

EDIT: Perhaps distinguish between N. and S. America on the spreadsheet? It makes a very big difference when shipping.

Last edited:
Just noticed this thread, I'm the only Newfoundlander on FG so I'm up for it.

I'll find something creative to do...

We could make this a meetup for bigger areas e.g. the Chicagoans could all meet up and take a picture with the FG package at The Bean or somewhere else memorable downtown.

Checked the document, filled in a few more details about my location.

I already have the perfect idea for a picture. :D

USA is pilling up on that poor spreadsheet! :lol:

Whatever you do. Make sure that parcel arrives in Munich before Ringmeet roadtrip.

I think all the so-cal people can get together to do some sort of so-cal thing. If not I'll go the forever alone route and just take a silhouetted picture at the beach during sunset or something.

Count me in!

Also I find it amusing the only two Scottish locations are within 10 miles of each other! :lol:

You're within 10 miles of me?

We should maybe meet up, seems like it could be a laugh.

EDIT: I just checked the spreadsheet to find out more. I know Banff well, I'm usually there at least one day a week for something, chances are I may have driven past your house and not even realised it. :lol:

Last edited:
You're within 10 miles of me?

We should maybe meet up, seems like it could be a laugh.

You could all be in the same building and not have noticed until now.

I'm in, better start thinking of a place to take a pic...

Just so it's said, I'm willing and wanting to send to another continent. Partially, because post is pretty cheap here, no matter where you want to send and because sending to someone from around here is boring. I really don't mind.

I don't know if anyone is interested in tossing a gps tracker in the package as well but I found one that will update itself to a website that you can login to, it does have a full global coverage and a battery life of over 1 year. its a little bit bigger than a playing card. here's the link to the website

and for what its worth I would rather keep sending it from country to country if possible a post card or a little thing from somewhere near you is meh. also using usps and the flat rate boxes if we can keep it under 20 lbs the cost would be like 48 dollars

Last edited:
I don't know. I haven't shipped thousands of packages, but I have shipped quite a lot to Russia and its never been a big deal or took too long. Usually around a week and a half via USPS+Russian Post. Plus are we in a hurry to get this done?

As far as the boarder fee goes, IIRC you only get charged if you ship with UPS/FedEx/DHL (I've run into this problem selling stuff on eBay). So if we stick to regular post, we should be fine.

I'm just gonna say that I'm not shipping it to anyone else in the US, or country I got it from (unless we lay down strict rules against that).
There are customs fees with USPS/Postal. It is up to the receiving country to determine if they wish to levy the fee. Marking the package as GIFT does not exclude your shipment from taxes, inspection, or delivery refusal.

Couple notes regarding shipping (working on packing to move right now, so you get cliff-notes):
Shipping a 1LB box (470g-ish) is $17 to EU/AU using "Priority"/traceable in a small box. ~$12 if using first-class/non-tracked. Priority takes 5-7 days on average, First class can vary between 6 days (Germany), 14 days (UK), ~21 days (AU), and more.

Small list of countries that I have had a very unsuccessful time at getting packaged delivered in:
Bulgaria, Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Malta, Egypt, Estonia, Lebanon, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Portugal, Ukraine..

Make sure you check the prohibited items listing before including any items/gifts. One major items is coins-- nearly all countries have a ban on receiving foreign currency. Germany bans playing cards, Croatia has a ban on all dairy-based imports, Czech Republic has a ban on all chain-letter items, etc..

Shipping to an APO requires customs forms, and is very slow. I regularly send items to family members who are deployed, and it takes 2-4 weeks.

I'm up for it. If things go well, I'll be back home in a couple of months, so you can sign me up for Bulgaria.

Small list of countries that I have had a very unsuccessful time at getting packaged delivered in:
Bulgaria, Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Malta, Egypt, Estonia, Lebanon, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Portugal, Ukraine..

Maybe I'm just lucky, but all packages I've received from USA, including FG shirts, never take more than 10-12 business days with USPS.

Does not surprise me you had trouble with Brazil.
I've had packages arrive quickly (Amazon) and packages lost forever (eBay) so it's a hit-or-miss affair.

Had an idea today about the payload. How about a checked flag? They are relatively light, they fold up pretty small, and everyone can sign it with Viper being the final destination.

The flag would be cute, but you can't pose a flag in awkward positions...

(I <3 Puffalumps.)