FinalGear Car Of The Year 2017 - Nominations

MXM

I paid for this title
Yes, one of these again! :mrgreen: It has been a while since the last vote, and this time it's a new format.

Two rules:

1. Car was acquired by an FG member in 2017
- Changing owners within FG is allowed.
- Got the car in 2012, but it wasn't running until last year? Disqualified.
- Placed an order on a new car in 2017, but it's arriving in 2018? Get out.
- Already sold the car to a non-FGer? I'll allow it.
- For Galantti: for this purpose vans are considered cars​

2. There must be a PYC thread
- With pictures and a green checkmark.
- Thread doesn't need to be started in 2017, PO's old thread is fine.
- And you can still make one! I hope this will be a small motivation, I know there are nice cars out there still without a thread!​

Boats, bikes, segways and go-karts will go in their special, separate category.

Reply with your nominations here, include a link to the PYC thread. Anyone can nominate their own car, or someone else's car. Include a photo, if you can be bothered. And feel free to elaborate with your reason. I'd like to see cars judged based on the whole story, not just a model in isolation.

There's no denying the forum is going through a bit of a crisis right now, so let's see if this gets off the ground. Let's say, at least 5 nominations to proceed to voting.

EDIT: It's going be a preferential voting to get a nice spread, instead of 2-3 runaway winners.
EDIT: just testing if I can still edit

Deadline: February 3rd.

Last edited:
I nominate my latest ride, because it's pretty, it has quattro and I had wanted to own one for 10 years.

https://forums.finalgear.com/forum/...480-growing-up-midnight-express-audi-a5-coup?

eNydQi3.jpg

Damn, between IceBone 's Audi A5, TobiasG 's Alfa Romeo Giulia and MacGuffin 's Mustang, I'll have a hard time voting...

Reactions: TC
MXM;n3544696 said:
Only one of those is nominated, should be easy ;) And Tobias doesn't even have a Giulia as far as rules are concerned!

Well, I expect them to be nominated, and even if I decided to nominate the Giulia, he needs to do a PYC thread... :(

So, whatever, I nominate the Mustang.

36192840860_ceb70148d1_o.jpg

I am an Euro snob, but I can't disagree with his reasoning for getting one (price, rareness in Europe, noise, we're not getting any younger, etc.) and it's interesting to see this in an European context.

Reactions: TC
I nominate, a boat

i nominate my spordy van!

MXM;n3544714 said:
<_<

Ok, fine. I'll included it in a special "not a car" category. Bundled with bikes, if there will be any.

Well, there is a certain orange one :think:

I just noticed this thread :) Would have missed it if someone wouldn't have tagged me.

I would have nominated the Giulia, too, but DaBoom was faster.