FinalGear.com LFS Demo Mini Season

If that's the case, I'm in.

First question - when is a good time for clutch crunching? I've noticed the car goes faster when I shift without decreasing throttle, but I can only do it so many times.

Press F9 and you will get a clutch temp gauge and your tyre wear monitor.

I flat shift on certain corners to maintain my speed and momentum.

I think I should come along and join this for funs. I haven't been playing LFS since I stopped playing with you guys in the leagues, so I'll get it reinstalled and dust off the old Momo.

Press F9 and you will get a clutch temp gauge and your tyre wear monitor.

I flat shift on certain corners to maintain my speed and momentum.
The clutch temp increases faster on the FBM than with the XFG. Be easier with shifting gears when it turns red!

I think I should come along and join this for funs. I haven't been playing LFS since I stopped playing with you guys in the leagues, so I'll get it reinstalled and dust off the old Momo.
:banana:

The clutch temp increases faster on the FBM than with the XFG. Be easier with shifting gears when it turns red!

Is it even possible to flat shift on the FBM?

I thought it was only available in sequential mode, and you have to lift off in order to upshift. :|

you kinda can, but only when it reaches full RPM, and is on the limiter, but by the time it's gotten to that, you've lost so much HP and torque, that it slows you down more than the time you save not lifting the throttle. 1st-to-2nd is helped by this, but the other gears, it's better to lift.

you kinda can, but only when it reaches full RPM, and is on the limiter, but by the time it's gotten to that, you've lost so much HP and torque, that it slows you down more than the time you save not lifting the throttle. 1st-to-2nd is helped by this, but the other gears, it's better to lift.

Ah... thought as much.

Anyway, FBM's gearbox is kind of annoying, sometimes the game doesn't detect the lift and won't allow you to upshift, which can be crucial at the critical time. It happens to me at times(not often) when I do the slightest/faintest lift and the game just doesn't notice it.

btw - those links in your sig dont work anymore...

Ah... thought as much.

Anyway, FBM's gearbox is kind of annoying, sometimes the game doesn't detect the lift and won't allow you to upshift, which can be crucial at the critical time. It happens to me at times(not often) when I do the slightest/faintest lift and the game just doesn't notice it.

btw - those links in your sig dont work anymore...
I think the only time I ever really had a problem with the FBM not shifting is when I briefly tried the keyboard in the game, and yeah, it wouldn't shift until a certain percentage of throttle was dropped. With a wheel, though, it's far easier, and it responds real quick. The easiest way to shift it is hold down on the wheel paddle/button/sequential up, then lift the throttle quickly. I've only missed a shift every once in a while if I try to shift too quickly, or not let off enough throttle.

And the links not working is a product of moving to a VM that runs on my system because my IIS box decides to spike CPU to 100% every 10 min or so for like 30s, thus not being responsive to web requests during that time. Stupid IIS.

i unfortunately need to postpone the official races for one week. i have to go out-of-town, and would not have access to anything LFS related. as such, this delay may encourage more demo drivers to join us. remember, if you are a demo driver and are wanting to join the season, please post your LFS username in the season 8 signup thread in the LFS subforum.

i would still invite anybody who wants to, to join the FG server on saturday for some fun races, a test day if you will.

I'll be there since I'm not really doing anything tomorrow.

bump :)

also bumping it to announce a Friday test day. this will allow anybody who's on the fence of joining us to see what's going on and decide from there, and helps those that would like more practice before the actual races. we'll have the Friday test day at the same time as the races, so 17:00GMT. we'll try to run all of the combos with short little races, to give variety and to introduce the new drivers to what will be coming in the championship.

PS. we're missing a lot of replys in the signup thread. do we not actually have anybody who wants to race, or are you just waiting to see how it goes first, or for the test day?

maybe i can join the race, the first race all most certain i cannot attend.

so, do i need to enter all races ?
of course not, there's no requirements for the races. it's supposed to be more of a fun championship than anything else.

Bump :)
bump :)
also bumping it to announce a Friday test day. this will allow anybody who's on the fence of joining us to see what's going on and decide from there, and helps those that would like more practice before the actual races. we'll have the Friday test day at the same time as the races, so 17:00GMT. we'll try to run all of the combos with short little races, to give variety and to introduce the new drivers to what will be coming in the championship.

obviously since not a soul showed up, even the ones who expressed interest, we'll just have to cancel the idea. i would have thought at least two or three new people would show, but it wasn't to be i guess.

Could be that the timing is a bit off, the middle of summer, on Le Mans weekend and Euro 2008 finals?