FinalGear.com Richard Hammond Fund

Sending money is kinda tacky.

I think that ordering something custom would be great. Something from FinalGear. Afterall that would be a present from FinalGear members.
Build smth or buy smth like a helmet, or a racing suite with some good words from all members of FinalGear.
You can also send kids some soft toys, but I don't think it is neccessary.
The gift needs to something solid, that he'll be able to put on a shelf or in Top Gear Museum if they have one. Since he is recovering so well, may be gift should have a menaning that we all not just bunch of illegal downloaders, but simple car enthusiasts and show fans who really care about what he (and JM with JC do) does.
SO far I like the idea of a racing suite, on which you can put some words from finalgear members. Put them all over it. It should cost about 2-3k I beleive, If we won't get to that mark, I and more people will chip in some more.

Viper007Bond said:

I agree, i also think that he doesn't needs our money!!

My idea is to donate 80-90% to the fund for ambulance and make him a "simple" present like t-shirt or something funny...

lazza79 said:
Viper007Bond said:

My idea is to donate 80-90% to the fund for ambulance and make him a "simple" present like t-shirt or something funny...
:thumbsup:

lazza79 said:
Viper007Bond said:

That sounds best...donate the money...send a t-shirt and a card from FinalGear (saying the money was donated)...

Since the helicopter transport company is already getting a good size donation from Pistonheads, FG's donation should be another charity in Richard's name. Send him a FinalGear t-shirt (if there is one).

we can create a t-shirt with all the names of the people who donated the money from FG, and a phrase like "Be well" or "though Hamster"...
I know this won't be cheap, but we haven't money problems :D

Viper, how many people sent a donation?

(sorry if i make some misktake in grammar, i'm italian)

Ciao
Lazza79

the helicopter fund seems like it is doing rather well on its own, nice as it is we can always give there too, I think it owuld be nice for richard to know his biggest fans appreciate him and want him back. I think giving him something atleast and perhaps giving whatever is left over to charity.

the t-shirt idea with our names sounds kind of kool. how do you know who donated? i did not really put anything in my paypal message when i sent the money. I just want him to be back on the air (and healthy) and Top Gear not to be pulled. thats all.

The money only just went into my Paypal account (doesn't like my credit card, because it's registered to another account, of which I don't remember the email), so I've just transferred it. (only $5AUD, though)

$1300 or somewhere around there. Don't have the exact number on hand 'cause I have some of my personal money in my PayPal account as well.