FinalGear.com Richard Hammond Fund

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Okay, this is the official thread for our fund and to decide what we should do with the money (flowers? basket? something better?).

If you'd like to donate, then go here: http://www.finalgear.com/hammond-fund/

This is your guy's money, so it's up to you to decide what we want to do with it. When we have some final choices, I'll throw up a poll.

We will also be sending along everyone's messages from this thread: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=13907 Hopefully we can print them all out or something like that.

Sound good?

I still believe it would be better to get something for his lil' kiddies. As a priority. But also need to get the little chap (and the good lady) something too.

Something that has a 'finalgear' permanant mark on it. So in the future they can look upon it and remember the support of the site.

Something like flowers is too fragile/time-limited.

On a side note, incase its not possible for anyone to delivery them. I'd be happy to do it. Trust issues ofcourse are a limitation for some.

Put in $20.

As a present
stilts.jpg
?

*giggles* Think we can rack enough up for a Zonda without the trim? XD

Seriously... I'll see what I can donate (if anything)... but maybe something fluffy like plush toys that he can have and give to his girls. Flowers die, those stay forever.

Jack M said:
I still believe it would be better to get something for his lil' kiddies. As a priority. But also need to get the little chap (and the good lady) something too.

Something that has a 'finalgear' permanant mark on it. So in the future they can look upon it and remember the support of the site.

Something like flowers is too fragile/time-limited.

On a side note, incase its not possible for anyone to delivery them. I'd be happy to do it. Trust issues ofcourse are a limitation for some.

I agree on the gifts for his family & children. That being said, I'm not sure how we'd emblazon the Finalgear logo on anything we buy. I'd put that pretty low on the prioroties list. Maybe some toy cars?

As far as delivery goes, I'm still awaiting a PM from Overheat, who lives about 10 minutes from Leeds, where Richard's hospital is.

I think FinalGear is a low priority here. Richard and his family is what matters.

count me in... Viper, is there a way we can have a running total of what we got... come on ppls - he's given us so many hours of entertainment, dig deep !

ringo

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I agree on the gifts for his family & children. That being said, I'm not sure how we'd emblazon the Finalgear logo on anything we buy. I'd put that pretty low on the prioroties list. Maybe some toy cars?

As far as delivery goes, I'm still awaiting a PM from Overheat, who lives about 10 minutes from Leeds, where Richard's hospital is.

Viper007Bond said:
I think FinalGear is a low priority here. Richard and his family is what matters.

Of course, its not a priority, but maybe to go with the idea of the bouquet of pistons, have the name of the website etched in. Just an idea.
I'm not an under-cover marketing advisor for finalgear.com ... honest! :p

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Maybe some toy cars?

Not a dragster though, eh ... Don't wonna kick-off the nightmares :lol:

Ok, another 30 from me are in the pot. As far as presents go, I'd say a nice mix for him and the family. Toys for the kids (5 & 2 ... should be easy to find something), some chocolate for his wife maybe...check out http://www.spruengli.ch/Shop/geschenkideen-katalog.php?catalog=1008 ...it's some of the most delicios chocolate money can buy ;-)

For hamster I'm not sure. The matchbox Porsche sounds not bad...

Byte said:
Ok, another 30 from me are in the pot. As far as presents go, I'd say a nice mix for him and the family. Toys for the kids (5 & 2 ... should be easy to find something), some chocolate for his wife maybe...check out http://www.spruengli.ch/Shop/geschenkideen-katalog.php?catalog=1008 ...it's some of the most delicios chocolate money can buy ;-)

For hamster I'm not sure. The matchbox Porsche sounds not bad...

How about a mini-z (radio control car for Hamster?

http://www.dansdata.com/miniz.htm

It comes in a 911 also.

This me probably me being too nerdy and safety aware, but how many people eat chocolate and other things sent through the post to them? I mean for all he would know it could have been poisoned.

25$ donation sent :)

Ideas:
Shirt with "Official Finalgear.com driving God / Finalgear.com thinks I'm the Stig" - or something like that..
Nice Porche 911 modelcar
New Dodge Charger poster

Whatever is left should be donated to the Heli ambulance service IMO..

ringo said:
count me in... Viper, is there a way we can have a running total of what we got... come on ppls - he's given us so many hours of entertainment, dig deep !

Not just entertainment ... he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke. Deverves love and respect in his own right, not only as the entertainer.

Umm...ok, I guess you don't know that chocolaterie, but lemme tell you that I already sent stuff to Japan or Singapore through them and there's been nothing but pure excitement involved. Their reputation is extremely good even outisde of Europe...

Byte said:
Umm...ok, I guess you don't know that chocolaterie, but lemme tell you that I already sent stuff to Japan or Singapore through them and there's been nothing but pure excitement involved. Their reputation is extremely good even outisde of Europe...

I think he was getting at the reaction of the reciever.

Imagine being the wife and recieving a food item from an anonymous sender from the internet.

As a greedy bugger, I wouldn't think twice.

But some people, in this (depressing) day-and-age, many people are mistrusting.

:)

Unfortunately all to true. Nevertheless...I always think that chocolate is a good choice as a present for a lady ;-)

I don't know about any famous british chocolate, but if you find any nice pralines or so around there, I'm ok with it too. I'm just a real sucker for good chocolate ;-)

Jack M said:
Byte said:

I think he was getting at the reaction of the reciever.

Imagine being the wife and recieving a food item from an anonymous sender from the internet.

As a greedy bugger, I wouldn't think twice.

But some people, in this (depressing) day-and-age, many people are mistrusting.

:)

I agree... that it may seem a little suspicious... and this day-and-age is depressing.

We're at $150 already, so at this rate, we'll be able to cover everyone's ideas, heh. ;)