FinalGear.com Richard Hammond Fund

Byte said:
famous british chocolate

There is ... for all the wrong reasons <_<

**EDIT**

although saying that, Galaxy bars are lush.

Viper007Bond said:
We're at $150 already, so at this rate, we'll be able to cover everyone's ideas, heh. ;)

woah... and its only been an hour and its just donations from about 10 memebers out of thousands... I wonder how much we'll get at the end of this run

How about a coupon to driving school. Very tongue-in-cheek, of course.

"Dear Richard,
Learn to drive before you get yourself killed!
Love, FinalGear"

;) ;) ;)

andyhui01 said:
Viper007Bond said:
We're at $150 already, so at this rate, we'll be able to cover everyone's ideas, heh. ;)

woah... and its only been an hour and its just donations from about 10 memebers out of thousands... I wonder how much we'll get at the end of this run

It's also 4am here in the states...

I am writing from Melbourne, Australia. I am devastated by hearing the news. I don't miss a single day without Top Gear and I consider Richard as a very close friend. These past two days has been miserable for us here and we all hope you get better
p.s. The whole of Australia is with you. Hang in there buddy!

Tabrez Sheriff, Melbourne, Australia

Just donated 10 bucks. If wee keep up at this rate, we'll be able to buy him a bigger garage for his Charger :p

optimusprime said:
How about a coupon to driving school. Very tongue-in-cheek, of course.

"Dear Richard,
Learn to drive before you get yourself killed!
Love, FinalGear"

;) ;) ;)

clarkson's probably already been collecting them out of the sun. I sent ?15 to the air ambulance fund.

I'm transferring money to my Paypal account (only $5 at this stage, poor student, but I'm thinking I might put more in), hopefully it'll be there in a few days.

I'm poor, I just spent my last dollars on gas (I was shocked to see the prices were so low) books cost me too much, I would otherwise love to donate.. if I ever get any cash ill donate immediately. We should buy him a hamster wheel. With some whitening strips hanging from a string. 8)

I'll send in a few euros once at home...

Somehow the though of a piston instead of a flower appeals to me very much... (if etched with finalgear even better, but that would be difficult to organise)

A lot of other goods ideas suggested as well, so once the poll comes I'll vote.

mmap said:

Somehow the though of a piston instead of a flower appeals to me very much... (if etched with finalgear even better, but that would be difficult to organise)

How much are pistons? Where can you buy them and get them etched?

py2e said:
mmap said:

How much are pistons? Where can you buy them and get them etched?

Depends. For fairly obvious reasons.

You can get then etched at all sorts of places ... you see, us Brit's are like that. Competant, productive people. The empire didn't come outa nowhere you know!

:thumbsup:

i like the etched piston idea, but it would have to be something like a hemi or a rover V8, since he has one in his land rover. zonda pistons might be a bit steep.

as far as chocolates are concerned, Thorntons are the best in this country. we don'twant to poison him with Cadbury's. Lindt are good too. thornton's have their own shop, so we could just send someone to buy it. you can get car shapes too

http://www.thorntons.co.uk/ThorntonsSite/product/Childrens Treats/5413.htm

bit cheap though IMO

probably best for any choccies to come from the UK, plenty of places, then posting wouldn't be so much of a worry

matt2000 said:
i like the etched piston idea, but it would have to be something like a hemi or a rover V8, since he has one in his land rover. zonda pistons might be a bit steep.

as far as chocolates are concerned, Thorntons are the best in this country. we don'twant to poison him with Cadbury's. Lindt are good too. thornton's have their own shop, so we could just send someone to buy it. you can get car shapes too

http://www.thorntons.co.uk/ThorntonsSite/product/Childrens Treats/5413.htm

bit cheap though IMO

probably best for any choccies to come from the UK, plenty of places, then posting wouldn't be so much of a worry

or from a pink Micra...

But honestly, I like the piston(s?) idea... or maybe a gear... since the show is called TOP GEAR.

How about a brake clock?

50316Small.jpg

Sale price: $21.95

EDIT: WITH "FINALGEAR.COM" ETCHED ON IT

Hey - im not sure this is of much use, but im not too far away from Leeds hospital either - if there is something I can do to help let me know.
Im used to working with the 'media' I do a few TV type jobs now and then so I dont mind talking to ppl in the Hospital to make sure it gets to the right place.

Homer_Bart said:
How about a brake clock?

50316Small.jpg

Sale price: $21.95

EDIT: WITH "FINALGEAR.COM" ETCHED ON IT

In Asian culture... a clock as a gift means "Times up" ~ death... but the Hamster is not Asian. However, I don't think a clock is a cool gift... I've gotten clocks as a Christmas present before... I never said "Wow! This is cool... I really wanted one!"