FinalGear.com Richard Hammond Fund

Has anyone thought of sending him some teeth whitening supplies (along with something like chocolates of course)

He seems like the kind of guy who'd get a kick out of that.

Haha, that would be funny. And I just put in $10. It's all I could afford right now.

Put in some $ too :)

I think we can all be proud of ourselves for getting together and doing what a community does. Which is to stick our heads together when the time comes.

I'm registered on many boards, but none come close to this. The last few days of heartwarming donations and gestures gave me the feeling that everyone got even closer to each other.

Kinda like 1 big concerned family where personal rants and arguments are shoved aside, only to get together and prey for a loved one.

I said it once and i'll say it again: This donation is the best money spent EVER, bar none.

I'm glad to be part of this community, the sense of comradery left me baffled and overjoyed.

You're all good chaps and ladies with the heart in the right place. I knew this kind of people were still on this planet, i just didn't know they'd all be here......

Respect to everyone. I just got 300+ extra mates. :)

So is there any sign of how much money has been donated already?

I put $10. I suggest we should give a sort of fruit basket full of, no fruit, but a teeth whitening set like MrTom said. Also some other comedy stuff would be great and some flowers or something and why not pop some fruit in as well! :D

Ah and it should've a finalgear.com label of course + something so that he never forgets who and where his fans really are :p !

After reading the Clarkson article this morning, I'd like to suggest we just give the family the cash directly.

It says they just took out a new mortgage on the hosue. With the future of the show in question that's probably stressful. Not that our little collection will solve that, but it would be nice to help the family more directly than a charity donation or flowers & chocolate.

^Thats noble, and im sure some of the other forums hat're raising money will probably send some there too so it'll make a difference.

rite now im torn between that, the wankel idea, the helmet or the hammond action figure, those're all different and'll have a spcial stand out from all the flowers and shirts hes prolly getting.

cookting said:
After reading the Clarkson article this morning, I'd like to suggest we just give the family the cash directly.

It says they just took out a new mortgage on the hosue. With the future of the show in question that's probably stressful. Not that our little collection will solve that, but it would be nice to help the family more directly than a charity donation or flowers & chocolate.

i agree - or at least some of it - like do the choclates the toys the shirt and the left overs to them - i know he is a tv star but from the sounds of it with a morgadge kids etc he has his debts as well

i meen sure he has his cars but ........ do we really want him to have to sell them ;)

i do remember in one artical he said he had to sell one of his land rovers because he "got in trouble with the tax man" and Mindy was really furious with him lol - i like her!

Just sent off my payment. This is a great idea :) I'm a seriously poor student at the moment, so it was only $12 (actually, only MEANT to be only $6 but accidentally clicked the 'pay' button twice- oops!). A happy mistake I guess!

Everyone here is so awesome for doing this.

I like the teeth whitening kit idea! As a girl who likes 'cute things' I also like the idea of sending him some comedy stuffed hamsters for him or his REALLY cute daughters. It's great that we have enough to make a big donation to the air ambulance as well.

Hey what motoring group was responsible for this "Meanwhile, a group of motoring enthusiasts has raised more than ?56,000 for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance charity - which airlifted Mr Hammond to hospital - after setting up a web page for contributions. "*

*http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5372890.stm

I'm making a get well soon music compilation for him and will deliver it to the Leeds General Infirmary on Wednesday. If anyone's remotely bothered about the tracklisting I'll be happy to post it here.

Katherine said:
I'm making a get well soon music compilation for him and will deliver it to the Leeds General Infirmary on Wednesday. If anyone's remotely bothered about the tracklisting I'll be happy to post it here.

Nice idea post it up :thumbsup:

I'll donate a ?5 and my dad will as well as he's a big TG fan

I had an idea, I have no idea how much cash has been collect nor how much one would cost but we should send him a turbo from a 911, then it could be said that the good people at final gear had sent Hammond a 911 turbo.

cookting said:

I compeltley agree. After reading this article i made an account on these forums to say just this. Give the money directly to hamster and his family.

BlahBlahBla0 said:
cookting said:

I compeltley agree. After reading this article i made an account on these forums to say just this. Give the money directly to hamster and his family.

Honestly, if Richard and his family were needing money so badly, they wouldn't have requested that all donations be sent to the helicopter fund at the outset of this ordeal.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
BlahBlahBla0 said:
cookting said:

Honestly, if Richard and his family were needing money so badly, they wouldn't have requested that all donations be sent to the helicopter fund at the outset of this ordeal.

Are you saying its easy to ask for money? Ive been in similar situations and its not only embarrasing...it makes you feel less than. I stand by what i said earlier. 100% of the money earned on this website for richard should be given to him.

I have no problem with the money going direct to his family, with perhaps a very small amount going to personalized gift that can be brought to him as he recovers. Something to remind him that there are a lot of people, all around the world, pulling for his speedy recovery.

An custom made "award" for best car crash ever recorded for a television show

A trophy for first place in the first ever British high-speed head plowing contest

...or something like that, but with wit.

If he and his family wants, they can certainly forward the money to the helicopter fund.

(Memphis, TN)

BlahBlahBla0 said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
BlahBlahBla0 said:
cookting said:

Are you saying its easy to ask for money? Ive been in similar situations and its not only embarrasing...it makes you feel less than. I stand by what i said earlier. 100% of the money earned on this website for richard should be given to him.

People are taking what Mindy said in the article - 'Did anyone send money?' - a bit too seriously - seems pretty clear to me she wasn't being serious.