Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
Mark your calendars!

What: The Rolex Vintage Festival
Where: at Lime Rock Park
When: Saturday, August 30th
Time: 12 Noon
Cost: Tickets are $35 for an entire day, which includes infield
Map: here

It'll be a great day of vintage racing, oogling classic cars, and relaxing in the beautiful infield. Time is set for 12 noon, this should be enough time for our NY and PA friends to drive down there without waking up freakishly early. Racing starts at 7am, however, so if you want to show up earlier then let me know so we can still meet up.

We'll be meeting here, specifically, after parking our cars in the outfield off of Rt. 112. I'll be carrying a FinalGear sign. Maybe I'll wear a silly hat or something.

Bring: chairs, cameras, money for dinner

More information shall be disseminated in the coming weeks, such as a drive or dinner at Denny's any nearby establishments.

The following members are coming:

The_Finn
No Boss
wooflepoof
smib
ilko
TCameron
KoshiB
bafranksbro
az3579
myself, who shall remain nameless

The following members are maybe:

LeVeL
CTS_DDS - Cadillac CTS
Topgear_Chicago - Acura RSX-S
Scott - Audi S6
British_Rover
zeoniks
FATMOUSE
hokiethang
deltableh
Roman

Please RSVP, and let me know what car you'll be showing up in! We need to better the Australians at their own meet! :D

Last edited:
Sounds awesome. I'd love to go but I've got to see how things go here. I've always wanted to go to Limerock as well. It's a long time from now for me to say anything definite and I wouldn't even know what car I'd take. I just went to a VW car meet today and in my Jetta with no air conditioning it was killer hot on the way back. :-o

hmmm, let me google how far that is... sounds like a good time to me!

I might, if I 1) am still in the area and 2) have a car. I'll respond for real, soon.

I'm definately interested. Finally a FinalGear forums meet that I can go to without flying overseas. One problem though, I'm in Indianapolis, IN so that makes for an 800 mile 12+ hour drive. Go ahead and put me down as a "maybe" and we'll see.

Oh! When it said north-east I presumed Newcastle :(
No, the NE that matters. :p

Plus, you can easily drive anywhere in the UK within a matter of a couple hours, no? Wouldn't make much sense to me having a meet for only part of the UK. Or maybe that's just the American in me where a 2 hour drive to go anywhere is normal...

^ According to mapquest it would be about a 3 hour drive for me.

I might drive from Syracuse but it's 3.5 hours. I sold my Audi for law tuition so I might take my '02 RSX-S. So... put me down for "Maybe."

6 hours for me (340 miles)... my wife wants to make a trip to Mystic, and the submarine museum is near there too, so maybe I can roll this all into one trip.

i've been to this festival in the past and it is a blast!

ways to prepare:
get ready for the heat!
bring fully charged camera + mem cards =]

i won't be coming this year but post some pics!

ahh wtf

1st week of school

damn you all :shakefist: