Finalgear Folding@Home team

I'm absolutely not sure about power consumption when using the GPU. The GT 8800 is rated at a maximum power draw of 105 watts. The thing is that I have no idea whether the GPU client uses as much power as a 3D simulation. Therefore, the power consumption may be minor, so the power draw may not be far from idle.

Also, if you have power saving software running, the difference between idle and f@h would be much bigger than when you're not running such software.

True. Oh well, I won't worry about it.

Just make something up and make it a tax write off.

Cool. My Sempron is still chugging along at about 100 points per day. It's nothing compares to a PS3 though.

Bump II

Bump II

I started this thread almost exactly 1 month ago, We were in the 800 and somethings...

Today we just got past 700 and into the 600 and ninety somethings...

Thanks to everyone taking part.

And to the rest of you slackers...

What are you waiting for :)

Bump III

Bump III

Come on you gits...

For a forum with over 200 active members this is hopeless.

We need more people folding, Viper should make it obligatory for newly enlisted FG members or something :)

finalgear.com/folding-at-home/

Edit... We've just gone over 3 million...

Last edited:
So to ring in the New Year, the finalgear folding team has reached 600th place in the world...

With your help we can move into the top 500, if not higher.

If you leave your computer running overnight, please download the client, and donate your wasted cycles to a worthy cause.

So computer and proteins are both folding but one of them is somehow good and one causes cancer?!? how the hell does this help anyone?!

I remember joining 3 years ago, but then for some reason it would somehow lose track of all the amount of work my PC had done..

I have joined again, and put my new beast to some use:) ..LOL

So computer and proteins are both folding but one of them is somehow good and one causes cancer?!? how the hell does this help anyone?!

It recreates the folding of proteins that cause the disease and the doctors can use this to make cures that undo the the bad folding.