FinalGear invades the UK - 2016 Roadtrip

I will be on the basis that I can hitch a ride with someone there and back from this country. :)

Happy to accept offers. :p

Dave isn't coming to Ringmeet? Who the hell am I going to give the Best Saab Award to now Dave is out and kip is MIA?

Matt2000, find a sub ?500 Saab, stat!

I'm hoping to join the roadtrip, probably on my bike, until it gets into Wales. Can someone send me a link to the route?

Can I suggest a revised route for the Ingleton to North Wales stage?
It would be shame to miss the Peak District entirely as there are some great roads through it that wouldn't require a major diversion to take in.
Something like this https://goo.gl/maps/Pww95G8qbsx

Peter is right. Peak District has some cracking roads and you can also stop by the Derwent reservoir which was where 617 Squadron practised for Operation Chastise and the makers of The Dambusters filmed a single pass by one Lancaster from multiple angles to obtain the footage for the movie.

I've booked the time off work so I'm now a definite for Saturday through to the following Sunday. Probably going to be in the car now rather than the bike.

Done.

Is this road in the planning for the trip?

If not I think it should be, looks like an amazing road.

Not sure I'm too worried about being the slowest any more. :D

It's still possible though...

Is this road in the planning for the trip?

If not I think it should be, looks like an amazing road.

Some people will do this on the way north.

That road does look good.

Anyway, with one swift purchase I'm now committed to slowing you all down with the most unreliable support truck imaginable. Keely, in mild superleggera tune (no rear seats), will be coming on the roadtrip. :D

I've just bought the anti-roll bars she needs so I can go a bit faster without falling over in every bend and a diaphragm to fix the collapsed seat. I will be loading up with tools and stuff like tow ropes so when I break down I expect you all to use them and fix it for me. Tempted to buy a big orange light for proper support truck styling.

Yeah i won't be joining to the trip, have fun, cy u at ringmeet

Booked flights and first night's accommodation. Flying to EDI on the 29th, staying at a decently convenient location 1,6km from the centre. Should also be easy to catch up with the roadtrip people as the hostel isn't far from the A199.

Is there a planning discussion about this on Whatsapp or somewhere else? I realised today it is only just over 3 weeks away and I don't know many details.

Yes indeed. More PMs sent. :p