FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tow it into BS hood up and hotchick(TM) parked firmly on top of the supercharger.

"There's an engine in there somewhere, right? Buick 3.8 maybe? The trim looks like a base model."

Well depending on how good their memory is, they might just put in as much effort as they did for the LeSabre. That is give it one look, laugh hysterically, and then say "A Buick!? You guys can't be serious, get the hell out of here".

Tow it into BS hood up and hotchick(TM) parked firmly on top of the supercharger.

"There's an engine in there somewhere, right? Buick 3.8 maybe? The trim looks like a base model."

And you insult the girls before they even get near the car.:idiot:

If need be I could use my sister's Suicide Girls connections to have a couple of them sashay around the car while the judges are looking it over.

Wait, what?

Excellent, I might make back my $90!

Actually, that video isn't appreciably better than what you get out of the keycams. Problem there is that you're limited to the recording time of the nicer camera - which works at autocross, but will run out quick on hours-long stretches.

Okay, I am very very drunk, but bear with me....

My son and I think we might have a way to record most of the race, Won't go into particulars, but we're going to give it a good shot this week to see what we get, Would include a half dozen of the key chains, tethered into a solid state 100GB hard drive that can run off a power inverter for close to 30 hours, :p

To make it simple, each driver change takes their own cam out to make room for the new from the new driver, :)

I have a UPS that will run for quite a bit....sometimes over 20 hours for just my laptop. Should run longer for these tiny cameras.

This week, we'll rig up something in the Taurus to see what will work, and what gets shoved out the window, ;)

And since this does have a bit to do with his school....total outlay from the lot of us would be less than $15.00 a person, I hope. D:

Well, well see what works:D

Last edited:
We have a whole ad series running at the moment about the'beer economy'.
How many cases to change a lightbulb for your grandmother?
None, she's your gran.
How many cases if she's in the bath.........with her boyfriend....?
Three

My son and I think we might have a way to record most of the race
I love it when I hand out ideas and people implement them for me <3

A week ahead of my schedule for getting the requisite trashtop too.

And you insult the girls before they even get near the car.:idiot:

Hey, at least they haven't had their trim removed with a hammer and chisel, which is more than I can say for the car.

Last edited:
I posted these in last years thread, and EyeMWing reposted a few about 20 pages back, but here's the entire collection once again.

This is a series of videos from Dave's Farm where they do their best to kill an old Series I 3800 in a Buick Regal. Try as they might, even with the aid of a 20 ton bulldozer, they are unable to put the engine down easily.

[video=youtube;1fZ-eGUpVns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fZ-eGUpVns&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I post these because Murilee and Judge Johny over on the LeMons forums are betting our GTP is going to KABOOM before the race is over.

NO KABOOM!

(All this KABOOM talk really just means FG's a good contender for IOE, right?)

See, by my reckonin', the motor will survive anything that we, or the race can throw at it. Particularly given how another 3800's race record is turning out.

The supercharger is a much more untested piece of kit...
Which at worst means we win Most Heroic Fix. After all, it is just a bolt-on and PCM programming.

As for IOE, this car is far too not-shit to be a serious contender there unless nobody else has the balls to field anything remotely interesting.

Last edited:
I love it when I hand out ideas and people implement them for me <3

A week ahead of my schedule for getting the requisite trashtop too.

Hahaha, true! I just trashed my brothers Dell laptop for the screen being wonky, but the guts ate still strong. I'm going to rig it up this weekend and drive around
a few times to see how it fares,. :)

Hey, at least they haven't had their trim removed with a hammer and chisel, which is more than I can say for the car.

Well Serj has had no problem taking all the credit for it, but it was Quiky driving in reality. He's gone as far to put "Dave vs Buick on youtube" on the C pillars of the car even, anything to hang onto 15 seconds of internet fame I guess.

This in Rob from the Schumacher Taxi Service. When Dave got out of the car after his stint at Nelson Ledges, he and I went to find the driver of the Buick. When we found him, he introduced himself as Serj and he and Dave had some laughs about the racing. It wasn't until later, and actually at the request of Serj, that we pulled the video off and made Dave vs. Buick (see link http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?pid=14753#p14753 )

Serj could be the biggest cancer known to man, I don't know - I've only met him twice and spoken to him for less than 10 minutes. But he was the guy driving the car when Dave vs. Buick was videoed.

This in Rob from the Schumacher Taxi Service. When Dave got out of the car after his stint at Nelson Ledges, he and I went to find the driver of the Buick. When we found him, he introduced himself as Serj and he and Dave had some laughs about the racing. It wasn't until later, and actually at the request of Serj, that we pulled the video off and made Dave vs. Buick (see link http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?pid=14753#p14753 )

Serj could be the biggest cancer known to man, I don't know - I've only met him twice and spoken to him for less than 10 minutes. But he was the guy driving the car when Dave vs. Buick was videoed.

If that's the case, then I stand corrected. Quiky thought it was from his stint in the car and I had no reason to disbelieve him.

Last edited:
If that's the case, then I stand corrected. Quiky thought it was from his stint in the car and I had no reason to disbelieve him.

OK, but I find it curious that the question of who was driving is coming up after your team had a falling out - don't you? You even posted in the LeMons forum that the video made you proud and at that time there wasn't a question of who was driving.

Like I said, I don't know Serj and team dynamics aside - you do have to give him credit for some good driving where it is due.

Yes, I'm a little passionate about things like this because, in part, our reputation is on the line. Videos like that one are one of the reasons that our team is an initial inductee into the LeMons Wall of Blame (extending our 15 seconds of internet fame BTW).

a second BTW - KABOOM!

Last edited:
Believe it or not, this issue came up soon as the race was over and the video hit the internet, we just decided not to make a huge deal about it. We had problems at the race, but we were trying to work them out in the days following, but that went out the window when Serj decided he was not going to return the LeSabre to Quiky (who still owns the car to this day) nor buy it from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.