FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the track playing connect four with Clegko while EyeMwing laughs at us (yes, we are that cool). Found that I can get internet if I sit on the ground with my laptop perched on my knees. :p

Bed time soon, I think.

Quiky, bass, and I are here at our hotel after a Hardee's dinner. Bass had a little car trouble with 20 miles to go, and as luck would have it, I, having flown from Seattle, happened to be 2 miles behind him to pick him up. Crazy day already and we haven't even started.

"Little car trouble"...

I don't have the strength to go over it again, basically my transmission gave out about 25 miles from the hotel and VooDoo came to my rescue. Everything had been fine till I tried to pull away from a stop light and past 1500rpm the tranny wouldn't put down any power. I gave it a little cool down and it was ok for another few miles and it started happening again. Quiky and I will try to limp it to the nearest AAMCO 26 miles away and have them take a look at it.

I'm going to go rock back and forth in the corner now.

I contacted the organizers of this Illinois race back in May to be on the team and possibly race the car. I have 9 years of experience racing a Grand Prix, and I know more about the GM W-body than I care to remember. I figured that would be enough to at least warrant a response to my query, but I never heard a thing from these guys. Really a shame, I was looking forward to being a part of this weekend. Had my deposit lined up and everything. Hope it doesn't catch fire like all '97 GTPs do.

Last edited:
We responded to everyone who got in contact with us about filling driver slots, nearly every single person was never heard from again after the first reply. And I never got any sort of message from you.

Quiky, bass, and I are here at our hotel after a Hardee's dinner. Bass had a little car trouble with 20 miles to go, and as luck would have it, I, having flown from Seattle, happened to be 2 miles behind him to pick him up. Crazy day already and we haven't even started.

I was wondering if you were from the "other Washington". And I think this stroke of luck is a good omen.

Last edited:
Sucks about the trans PB.

Eek! I hope transmissions don't die in threes like famous people tend to do, 'cause mine's probably next. :(

Sucks to hear that. :(

I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night, I just kept tossing and turning.

Whoever designed the shower here must have been below 4ft tall because I have to bend almost 90 degrees to get under the shower head. Hopefully everything will be ok with my car and I can provide LeMons coverage like I intended to originally.

Whoever designed the shower here must have been below 4ft tall because I have to bend almost 90 degrees to get under the shower head.
Haha, mine must have been 4 ft and cross eyed then. The hot and cold sides are opposite of the labels.

Update: Clegko, EyeMWing, and myself have gotten the strut braces on the car! :)

100 miles into it with Mclightning & Mc95's Dad.

Following a jag from Texas at the moment. ...no gun rack, though. :p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

It's hidden of course :p

Update: Clegko, EyeMWing, and myself have gotten the strut braces on the car! :)

Nice to hear that. Good luck, I shall stalk youon twitter then.

Almost passed tech, we're fabricating a new exhaust hanger out of an hp computer case.

Inspection: passed. Penalty laps: 0

Nice job.

Sucks about your trans PB, any news on that? Somehow FG is cursed, on every meet we Europeans had one car at least broke down too :/

2007: Adunaphel cooked his brakes
2008: Ice ruined plastic under car (by being an idiot), MXM's 944 lost power
2009: Can't remember...I think someone had issues...well if you count MXM crashing the 7 before the meet one more
2010: DaBoom's starter, my driversseat, Ice's clutch
2010.1: Kip's engine seized

Hope the rest of your weekend goes better than it begun.......

Status
Not open for further replies.