FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure exactly what's up with it in that pic, but it normally doesn't say CHECK GAGES that I've seen.

I'm going to guess when that picture was taken the car was in a million pieces and something wasn't hooked up properly for that to go away.

I'm going to guess when that picture was taken the car was in a million pieces and something wasn't hooked up properly for that to go away.

Possibly.

Sound and fury (The video is broken, but I was just wandering around pointing the camera at the ground anyway):

Possibly.

The "CHECK GAGES" light will come on to tell you to look for one of several things such as if you're low on gas or your traction control is switched off or low tire pressure ect ect. And that picture was taken before the car was torn apart, and god only knows what the problem was.

The "CHECK GAGES" light will come on to tell you to look for one of several things such as if you're low on gas or your traction control is switched off or low tire pressure ect ect. And that picture was taken before the car was torn apart, and god only knows what the problem was.

When my GP is low on gas a gas pump appears on the HUD, not check gages, I'm inclined to think it wasn't low gas; mine also stays off if the traction control is off, there's a light on the DIC for that one. Maybe your Buick implements it differently. Perhaps it was an ABS sensor not working/connected?

When my GP is low on gas a gas pump appears on the HUD, not check gages, I'm inclined to think it wasn't low gas; mine also stays off if the traction control is off, there's a light on the DIC for that one. Maybe your Buick implements it differently. Perhaps it was an ABS sensor not working/connected?

Well, the ABS *IS* mysteriously inoperative. The warning light doesn't come on (but it doesn't indicate at startup either, soooo yeah) but apparently it doesn't work.

Who needs ABS? :p

Are you sure it is not the bulb in the dash?

ABS does not operate. The check gages on the hud was because the engine was off when I took the photo.

I just got the email about this thread an wow. I am impressed guys. I would love to come to the Chicago race and watch maybe. We will just have to see.

Looks fun this

Looks fun this

Just watched this vid
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/11/video-24-hours-of-lemons-toyota-mr2-dicing-with-a-buick-lesabr/

Got to say, this looks like a lot of fun. The Buick also looks huge on the track! :lol: What are the time stints? 2hrs? Seems like that would either go by really fast, or you would get knackered really fast.

Can't swing it this year, but would love to pony up the dough and apply for a driver's spot someday. Maybe in a couple of years. I'd be a total greenhorn though. We'll see.

On a side note, noticed this on wikipedia:
Event organizers have full rights to buy the car for $500 at the end of the race.
Event organizers have full rights to outright destroy the car at anytime however they see fit.
Yikes! I assume you would be able to take your brakes/tires/etc off first?! Sounds like a great way to get ripped off and lot of personal labor go down the drain.

There are no set times for driver stints.

As for the claim rule, only one car in LeMons history (to date) has been claimed by Jay. It was a mid 90's V12 Mercedes that was worth about $125,000 brand new. As for cars getting destroyed, the best defense is to not bring a cheater car (like a miata with 15k worth of suspension and engine mods) or drive like an asshole.

Isn't it that if you're car is going to get destroyed you have like 1 minute to try and get as much off the car as possible, or am I imagining that?
cross that, you have 30 minutes according to the rules on LeMons.

Last edited:
Really the purchase rule is only there to prevent RAMPANT, UNBELIEVABLE CHEATING by just having the threat be there. The S-Class that got claimed wasn't even a big deal, the team apparently didn't want to see the car ever again anyway and left the interior damn-near intact just to make it an even more attractive purchase for Jay.

Can't PM (guessing it's due to the fact that I have 0 posts), but if you're still looking for drivers, let me know. I've done some racing at Summit Point and have a few professional driving courses under the belt. If you want more details, shoot me an email outside of here.

Yeah, PMs are disabled for new users. AFAIK they're still on the hunt for drivers.

Any garage work in the cards for this weekend? Weather doesn't look too bad, and I should have my car's electrical issues sorted Friday.

Did we mention we are still looking for drivers yet? :p

imac12- I'll send an email your way shortly.

Here's some video of a curse "winner" from a few years ago. The Mazdasaurus Wrecks team decided to enter a Mazda 626 that was a former road racer, which mean it was fitted with high buck suspension bits and a BUILT engine. If I remember correctly they also drove like assholes and dive bombed everyone in the corners. So naturally they were selected for the people's curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.