FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news everyone! Our GTP will be playing host to Murilee's bumper cam at CMP next week. Last year at Nelson Ledges he wanted to put it on our LeSabre, but because the wiring harness had been hacked to shit there was no way to provide power for it. Later on during that race the lens was destroyed and it's been out of action till now.

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

My Buick is ready for another cross country trip now. An oil change and tire rotation were all it needed, all that's left is to clean it out before I load it up. I also rediscovered this forgotten oddity in my wallet while putting away my new insurance card.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/09/16/Buick_emergency_key_001.JPG

Who needs OnStar when help is right in your pocket?

Pff. Ready for a cross country trip? I figure I have enough tire to make it to SC. Should be able to beg/barter for a used up 185/65-14 tire somewhere in there.

Hehe
Guys, one of you needs to send me a contact list with a few names and phone numbers that I can use once I'm in SC.

Great news everyone! Our GTP will be playing host to Murilee's bumper cam at CMP next week. Last year at Nelson Ledges he wanted to put it on our LeSabre, but because the wiring harness had been hacked to shit there was no way to provide power for it. Later on during that race the lens was destroyed and it's been out of action till now.

Kick ass!!

Yay!

I enjoy following the coverage of LeMons and would like to go to a race sometime, but because none of them are very close to me I have to settle for what's on the Internet.
Looking forward to rooting for the team and reading about your experiences, and I contributed to the after race beer (or whatever) fund. Good luck and go fast!

So when do we put up the update/twitter aggregate post on the main page for folks to follow us?

So when do we put up the update/twitter aggregate post on the main page for folks to follow us?

Viper was going to do that this weekend, I don't know why he hasn't yet.

That being said, coverage will be done much the same as last time, quick updates via twitter and possibly posts on here with pictures during the day and then a large update post at night once I'm back at the hotel. Keep in mind that live updates from the track are totally dependent on having a stable wifi connection or Quiky's iPhone getting a signal.

Friday through Saturday
Clear. Highs in the upper 80s. Lows in the mid 60s.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s.

Sunday and Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Lows in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Right now chances of cell-updates are minimal-- there is no 3G at the track according to our cell providers. Unless we get really lucky and pit right by the scoring tower (might snag the track's wifi), it will be hard to push updates out. We will know on thursday how the connection is.

Aren't you guys cute with your toy cell providers. I apparently have full 3G at the track. Unfortunately, my phone is shitbusted (the data connector is borked) and I don't have a current data plan anyway. There is, however, Twitter's text messaging gateway.

http://twitter.com/eyemwing
Which works, 3G or not.

As of our last race@cmp, verizon had roaming/evdo at the track.

Eh, we'll see when we get out there. And I'll remember my damned phone charger this time.

heh, good reminder to check AT&T's coverage, I was planning to use my phone as GPS to get around, would suck if I can't do that.
I have unlimited text as well, so a text message gateway should work nicely for updates if we need it to.

Last edited:
My Buick is ready for another cross country trip now. An oil change and tire rotation were all it needed, all that's left is to clean it out before I load it up. I also rediscovered this forgotten oddity in my wallet while putting away my new insurance card.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/09/16/Buick_emergency_key_001.JPG

Who needs OnStar when help is right in your pocket?

LOL. The best thing about that is the "for emergency use only" bit -- like it will self-destruct or something when you use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.