FinalGear Ringmeet 2010 - 14th-15th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D-Fence

Hello my dear FinalGear members,

after the huge success that was Ringmeet 2009 we are proud to announce: We will do it again this year!

Last year, we met up in late August at the Nordschleife, attended a VLN Race, camped the night and went Tourist-Driving the next morning. It was great fun, with maybe the not-so-fun aspect of freezing to death while camping :lol:. Coming to Ringmeet 2009 were people from Finland, France, the Netherlands, Germany and even Slovenia, all in all we were about 15 people.

Images and reports on that meet can be found here: http://forums.finalgear.com/photogr...nvestigative-report-65mb-of-pics-on-p1-38806/.
A Live Twitter Feed was http://www.twitter.com/ringmeet (I guess we will do it again this year ;))

Sadly, many people wanted to come last year but had already planned otherwise for that time, as well, the date of the meet was changed multiple times because people changed their minds etc., but still many people backed out in the last minute.

This won't happen again hopefully, because this year, we announce the date of the Ringmeet early enough for even the most overseas people to have time to get their planning right and join us ;).

Ringmeet 2010 will (most definitely) take place on

AUGUST 14th-15th 2010

This date is one of two available dates in August/September where the track is open for Tourist drives on a weekend, and a survey amongst the last-year attendands showed that most people have free time on this date.

I won't go into detail regarding the program right now as it is not worked out properly yet, it will most definitely include Tourist Driving (who guessed THAT?) ;). Oh and camping at ~3?C is probably pretty low on the list of things we want to do again :D

Some other ideas that spook around our heads right now are stuff like Karting or a road rally, but we will see how that works out, it mainly depends on how many people we will be.

Now, MXM ordered me to tell you to come. I wanted to ask you to come, but his wish is my command. :lol:

So, let's sum it up:

Ringmeet 2010 August 14th-15th 2010
You are expected to show up.
Make it happen.

Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120919901272825

Current planning includes:

- Road Rally (Scavenger Hunt) to Campsite
- Camping
- Tourist drives

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally gotta make it to a ringmeet, I want to meet you guys in person!

The fact that you as the only one of us had military grade camping gear :D

Wacken the week before, then this - my poor old liver. I might bring a Transit instead of the Kadett.

That's nice. 10 Minutes etc, you know the drill ;)

A mid-1960s Transit camper van, to be exact. Should lap around 15-20 minutes :)

Don't have anything planned, so I'll probably show up, but knowing my work I might cancel the day before...

Drink more through the night, that way you won't feel the cold :-D

I can't believe it's already been nearly two years since the meet I went! I won't be able to make it this year too unfortunately :-( Oh well, I'll go to LeMons instead :-D

Ringmeet Yay!

I'm not planing to hunt baby deer with my car this year again ... so count me in ...

I don't mind camping (last friday we had 19?C and clear sky ... ask Alok if you don't believe me) ...

But if no one else wants to get in touch with nature ... are you going to book a place for the night for all of us?

Greetings Michael

I sooooo want to go... but I don't know how the date will interfere with my vacation plans, or my boss's plans. The problem is that when my boss is away, I HAVE TO be at work :(

Also, there is the money issue... We'll see, I'd be delighted.

That's the reason I insisted to announce the date this early, now you can keep nagging him constantly about needing a vacation on that week. He can't blame you for announcing it too late :p

Regarding the "no camping" issue: Especially coming right back from Wacken i wouldn't mind not having to camp. But what's the alternative?

The problem with camping is that even in August in the night the temperature can drop to about 3 degrees Celcius in that region, making camping a less than comfortable option. The alternatives are hostels or hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.