FinalGear Ringmeet 2010 - 14th-15th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added my first twitter message thing ever (with #ringmeet) ... still can't see the point of this ... I guess I'm too old for this shit ... Dammit it finally happened ... does that mean I'm an adult now?

Greetings
Michael

A FinalGear top tip for German Ringmeet attendants and everyone else who can get a hold of the magazine "sport auto": The current issue includes a voucher for one Nordschleife lap (which normally costs ? 22). Magazine price is ? 3.90.
You need Internet access and more importantly, access to a printer to use it, though. So buying on the way to the meet is probably not gonna work.

Forget that - the Ring meet is not within the timeframe for the free tickets. Thanks, Ford Prefect (see further down).

Last edited:
Hmm... can you get 2 and I pay you the 4 euro back at the meet? :D

Not much point, apparently you can only get your free lap between 1/9/2010 and 31/12/2010. You can also only get one free ticket per person. I?m quite glad I looked up the thread in the tourist-forum before I went out and spent 100? on car magazines...

the way I got it you don?t get that particular bit of info until you get the confirmation email... Gonna go buy the magazine now :mrgreen:

Saw it, read fine print :)
Poop indeed. BUT. It falls within the Minimeet when chaos is around so I will get one. Which number of the magazine is it, can I recognize if it has the voucher or not?

Went on sale today, it?s the one with the F458 on the cover, the voucher is right behind the front page...

I made a promotional video.

This being said, I am very bad at promotion videos. :)

ice, would it be too much trouble if you bought it for me? I'd come to krsko to collect it.. :angel:

I just did a GPS test of my phone to see if it can track ok in a moving car. This is what it spewed out: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...721540890908007849.00048c50082cb2fd29d73&z=13

What it also spewed out is a .gpx file which I have converted into a Google Earth tour file: http://files.phyrefile.com/i/ic/icebone/2010/07/26/GPS_Test.zip

Can anyone download that and see if I did it correctly? It playbacks my drive ok on my computer, but that could be down to me fiddling with a lot of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.