No 56k: FinalGear Ringmeet 2010 - The report, the pictures, the movies, the drama!

i suppose that 222,2kmh is in netherlands :D

EDIT:
pulled these from our lap with Eye-Q (not exactly BTG)
1282031134-29524-P-81.171.42.234.png

1282031338-29673-P-81.171.42.234.png
I think the 168 kph were right before Schwedenkreuz since in the Fuchsr?hre I had to stay behind some slower cars to let much faster cars overtake, otherwise I would have cracked the 175 or so there.

Oh, deer!

We had a brief discussion, where opinions were stated, that Z8 is pointless and not very pretty with it's outdated futuristic looks, but I still like it. So I took 2 photos.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/08/16/Ring2010-19.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/08/16/Ring2010-20.jpg

I totally agree. When I went driving this past weekend, I saw one a couple of times out driving on the road. Looks great in person.

Oooooh... I need to pack more pants next time, really.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/08/16/Ring2010-44.jpg

I think that's my favorite Porsche ever. It's so sexy looking.

Wow, that looks crazy in flat black!

See you next year!

I hope so! :D

We'll see though. I'm not sure if I'll be a good enough driver or not by then. It may have to be 2012.

Well just take passenger rides then!

That's a ton of money to fly over just to go on a ride around the 'Ring. I'd only invest in such an adventure if I could drive. I'd also probably want to turn it into a week or two vacation, although not speaking German would probably make that a bit tough.

Well just take passenger rides then!

QFT. And if anyone from Down Under wants to come along they can ride along with Ice. He'll make sure they feel right at home. :whistle:

Stop it now, MWF, two upside down gags on one page is too much.

Not speaking German would probably make that a bit tough.

Don't worry about this, everyone in ex-western germany speaks at least enough english to sell you something or give you basic instructions on how to find your way - same applies for under-30-year-olds in ex-communist germany, while most of the older people there learnt russian at school.

although not speaking German would probably make that a bit tough.

Herr 007Bondt, haff you faildt tu notiss zat all ze Germanss hier on ziss Vorum haff ein exzellent commandt off ze Englisch langvedge und vood be happy* to offer tranzlation serficess fur sehr reassonabl prieses?

*Vell ass happy az ze Germanss ever get!

Und wenn nicht hab' Ich ein bischen Deutsch. Genug fur Resturanten und Eiswitzen zu machen!

Last edited:
QFT. And if anyone from Down Under wants to come along they can ride along with Ice. He'll make sure they feel right at home. :whistle:

Stop it now, MWF, two upside down gags on one page is too much.
Yes, please stop it. It stopped being funny a long long time ago. In fact, you stopped being funny a long long time ago. I suggest you come up with new material because even fucking Stevie Wonder can see your jokes coming from about a thousand miles away.

[/mini-rant]

Hope this won't cause too much distraction from this thread. It probably will though, apologies in advance for that.

[...]I didn't take my camera out of the bag on Friday, so the next one is from a Saturday morning. 9 am. A german camper wakes up, starts up his petrol-powered lawnmower and starts mowing the grass in front of his "house", producing an incredible amount of noise and smoke. Completely normal.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/08/16/Ring2010-2.jpg
Some people from other countries come here and spend decades living here without really getting "germany" and grapsing what makes germans into germans... you got to the core of the problem in half a day.
:D

Last edited:
Well, we other Germans could hardly refrain from shoving his lawn mower into his ass. Hm, perhaps if we weren't German, we would have done it...

Yes, please stop it. It stopped being funny a long long time ago. In fact, you stopped being funny a long long time ago. I suggest you come up with new material because even fucking Stevie Wonder can see your jokes coming from about a thousand miles away.

[/mini-rant]

Hope this won't cause too much distraction from this thread. It probably will though, apologies in advance for that.

Dude, lighten up and take an irony supplement! It's called self-deprecatory humour and it's still a fuck sight funnier than Garfield which hasn't been funny in your lifetime! :p