FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that whiny "i don't want to leave my car behind"-thing is a british thing. At least thats where i see it currently all the time. :D

Must be; I dunno the numbers of Euros that are sharing but it really doesn't seem to be a problem. Maybe because its more of a special trip for us despite the distance isn't that great as crossing the channel is so fucking expensive these days. <_<

Some motivation :)

I doubt a 118d will burn that much... My bimmer doesn?t even burn that much on the ring, and it?s a 20 year old 2.5l petrol engine. So yours should get along with quite a bit less...

Oh cool, is there a prize for the quickest laptime? :mrgreen:

Nope, but for slowest.

You can fight it out with DanRom WHO I BEAT LAST YEAR WITH HALF THE HORSEPOWER.
Sorry, had to rub it in.

But, technically, Kip holds the record. His Saab's Laptime was ~10 mins to Schwedenkreuz, 20 mins waiting on tow truck and 5 Minutes being towed off the track. Technically, it DID complete the lap.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, who might be able to pick me up from Frankfurt am Main.. probably on Friday morning? I'm planning on renting a car later on, but I'm not sure I'll be renting one from the airport just yet.

edit: actually, looking at rental prices, I'll probably just rent a car from the airport.

not sure about where I'd be staying in N?burg yet.. kind of tough to camp when flying around the world to get there. Right now I'm thinking about just staying at the same hotel I used last time. Where is the camping area?

Last edited:
Joel, i will definately pick up Galantti and h-p at Frankfurt/Main Airport around 9AM, so if that suits your schedule and you're not renting, just tell me. And yes Adu, Kip and me booked.

Joel, i will definately pick up Galantti and h-p at Frankfurt/Main Airport around 9AM, so if that suits your schedule and you're not renting, just tell me. And yes Adu, Kip and me booked.

don't know what my schedule would be yet. I'm still just looking at plane ticket costs.. hoping they go down, even a little. $1800 is freakin' expensive :(

A PoLOL. :) Pic courtesy of D-Fence from last year's ringmeet.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/08/16/Ring2010-67.jpg

Please note how neither the wheels are funny nor a part has fallen off.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the words of TG-AUthe AVGN:

"What were they thinking?"

I played around with the idea of going to the meet (and getting the coveted "You traveled how much for what!?"award) but then the parents went NEIN!NEIN!NEIN!NEIN!NEIN!.

[generic post stating my status]

I'm not driving a 6mpg Cadillac from Norway to German and back. But i will be driving a ~20mpg BMW :p

Status
Not open for further replies.