FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good boys! And i can't say that sleeping in the car is a bad idea. If I'd have a wagon or something similar, I'd do it again. Slept last year in the 1, but that was kinda tight, but it was a last-minute-decision anyway.

I'm looking at different tents at the moment, I don't want to pay too much but I'm buggered if I'm curling up in a small tent to save money. :D

You could check out Quechua 2" tents. They're quite the hit at ringmeets, and not too expensive. Nfc whether there's a store in the UK selling them, but I've picked up tents for other people before, and I'm already picking up one for a Finn this year...

Superb, a pop up tent that doesn't need an hour to set up and a bargain too. +rep both of you. :)

Edit: Someone cover me for Thomas please I can't rep him again yet. :roll:

For 10 eur extra, you can get the 2 person plus version, which includes a small awning so you can store smelly shoes in a dry location while not being in the same room as you. It also gives you a dry location to put on your shoes. That's the one I'm getting.

I got the 3 person tent, because I'm a fat fuck and also like to stretch out when sleeping and can only get comfortable sleeping diagonally in one.

^ :lol:
Those tents are awesome though! I may have to get one anyway. I have a tent (well its my sisters, but she doesn't need it this summer), but it'd be nothing compared to that! I guess I don't need one for this Ringmeet, though :)

And Matt; we need to sort stuff out I guess to ensure 100% attendance. It would be inconvienient to achieve only 90% or so, especially if that 10% is something like a wheel. :|

Last edited:
That certainly doesn't look small but I'd probably go for the slightly bigger tent just for the sake of it. It seems that the plus version is only on the 3 or 4 man tents though which is daft, I'll just have to sleep with my shoes inside, the fumes will help me sleep. :|

Dave: Is there anything in particular that you think we'll need? I have a good toolkit that will do almost all normal jobs if you think we need one. I'm also thinking about power, would it be useful to have a 12V inverter and spare battery? I can take the battery out of the Land Rover for that weekend. :)

I could be going a bit over the top there though. I think I'll need to buy some spare Nikon batteries though to last the weekend.

Well its up to you whether you want to bring a battery and inverter; if you've got one. Unless considering we've both got Nikons we can just make do and combine photos after :p I reckon I could just about make it through a couple of days at the Ring on one charge. And basic toolkit would be useful I'm sure. It doesn't have a toolkit itself (I really should check the spare, though) but I can nick the jack etc out of the Saab to save you bringing anything down.

I think we should move this back to PM, too. Take up less of these kind people's forum space :lol:

I'm at work at the moment, had to wait before my boss was out of the room... :p

I just looked at page 1, what the fuck does 'wall unit' mean? :lol:

I are not a shelves!

Anyway I'm looking up more shit that I might want to bring and decided that I need one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.