FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practically everyone coming from the North will pass DUS and CGN, and the same applies for the Southerners and FRA.

Yeah, I made a tradition out of picking up FinalGear members up in D?sseldorf (UMLAUT BITCHES) and K?ln (AGAIN!).
Sadly, I always got the same annoyingly sarcastic and evil ones.....

Umlaut Bitches? Surely a 2011 T shirt idea for the FG Germans? Like Utter Pirates, er, but not.

Too far?
55rqt0.jpg

I think so but then thats maybe because I made it (and spend w?y too long on it - I have work to be doing!). It seemed like a good idea at the time. :lol:

:roflmao:
I think Silverst?ne would be funnier than Sarthe, but other than that, utterly, utterly superb! :+!:

UMLAUT BITCHES!
so_much_win.png

I?m sooooooooo getting that on a T-shirt with my hometowns name (with UMLAUT) on it ...

Question for our english (AE, BE) natives ... UMLAUT, BITCHES ; UMLAUT BITCHES! ; UMLAUT, BITCHES! UMLAUT BITCHES ?????
My sense for language tells me that it has to be "UMLAUT, BITCHES!". Me wong, me rite? :hmm:

Last edited:
UMLAUT, BITCHES! would be correct. No comma would imply that there are bitches that are umlauts, and with it shows that the umlaut is what is being talked about, bitches. And the exclamation mark...uh...marks the exclamation...

Then what are you waiting for? Change Sarthe to Silverstone, fix the grammar and do a decent file so those who wish can get one printed!

Looking at it now, I think there could be an argument for leaving the punctuation out. As in, these tracks are the Umlaut Bitches, rather than remember your Umlaut, Bitches!

2cxul4g.jpg

2rqdm49.jpg

Also - how would I get one that could be put onto a T-Shirt? Do most printing companies accept transparent background PNGs (if you wanted different coloured shirts)? I know one company that I've used (YourDesign - UK though) who do. Their plain T-Shirts (with printing on front and back) is ?15 (w/free P&P). Honestly their system is really good (and no they're not paying me).

When are the 2011 FG shirts due? I could just enter it into that and see if anyone actually wants it.

Last edited:
The umlaut should go over the O in Silverstone.....

And I prefer it with the punctuation.

25q6fj6.jpg

I'm still of the thoughts to just leave it, then dig it out of a shallow grave - I'm sure some construction workers can help me - when/if the 2011 shirts come around.

25q6fj6.jpg

I'm still of the thoughts to just leave it, then dig it out of a shallow grave - I'm sure some construction workers can help me - when/if the 2011 shirts come around.

That's spot on. And yes, it's a 2011 shirt contender for sure. But in dark blue not black.

Actually if you send them a high enough res PNG they can do it, if it's all white it will be a tiny filesize too.

I think you need to do it in a proper vector-based format for decent print results.

I can't do proper (decent) vectors. When I did a 'vector' picture a while back I used the lasso tool.

I would think that a decent high-res PNG would be fine. However I'll just leave it for the 2011 shirts, then whoever does the prints can decide. :)

So, back on topic. N?rburgring GmbH has finally decided to publish the dates when the Nordschleife will be open for tourist drives in the summer months, allowing us to pin a weekend that fits most key players best, and we hope will accommodate most of the people who will come. The ringmeet will be held at the Oldtimer Grand Prix weekend of
13th and 14th of August 2011
We had been eying this weekend all along, but without official word of when the ring would be open, we were loath to set a definitive date. As you can read from the report of last year's ringmeet, it's an awesome weekend. The OGP tends to bring out cars and people normally not found at the ring often, giving it a unique, laid back atmosphere.

Camping will most probably take place at the same campsite as last year, since it fit our needs perfectly, and for the hotel-inclined folks, there's a decent hotel just down the street from it (ask Kip`6666 and Semt-x for details). As last year, we will do a leisurely (or not, you choose :burnrubber:) drive through the Eiffel over some awesome roads. And of course we will factor in (hopefully) ample time for everyone who feels inclined to, to take their prized posession (or a similarly prized rental) around the Ring.

Hope to see you there.

Last edited:
Awesome.

Assuming I can scrape together the funds and find a willing passenger to share costs (and if the 'Ring Regulars feel I would be welcome) then I'll do my best to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.