FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to need DaBoom's number (already have MXM's), since nicjasno and I will probably be the first ones there. :/

I haven't sorted out our travel plans, but we will definitely be relying heavily on public transport. Car hire is unfathomably expensive if you need to return the vehicle to a different country than the one where you picked it up. We'll definitely be taking EuroStar from London to the continent and taking trains from region to region. Not sure what we'll do in each city or even really what our final schedule will be.

I guess we can arrange for you to get picked up in some bigger city in Germany as the Ring is a bit remote :)

Car hire is unfathomably expensive if you need to return the vehicle to a different country than the one where you picked it up.

That?s what I was thinking... I don?t know how long you intend to stay in Germany, but with the big rental companies it?s usually not a big deal if you pick them up in (for example) Cologne and drop it off in Munich. The whole area around the ring is pretty bad concerning public transport, so keep that in mind.

We'll definitely be taking EuroStar from London to the continent and taking trains from region to region.
As D-Fence said, it would be no problem for someone (including me, if the timing is right) to pick you up in, say, Cologne. But you could as well get a rental there (or whereever you get off the train) for your stay in Germany. My guess it it could be cheaper to rent a car than to pay train tickets for two people. And at least for you two, getting a manual as a rental won't cause any problems. :D

Attention all European attendants!
I will order some number plate holders with the FinalGear logo ("FINAL<gearstick>GEAR") for my car. The logo will be printed white on black (sadly no colour gradient) in the centre of the part below the plate itself, approximately 65 mm wide - quite discreet.
The price per piece is ?7.95, so ?15.90 for front and back. If more than 10 are ordered, price drops to ?6.95 per piece. I will divide up the shipping cost of ?5.95, and not make any profit from this deal.
Anyone who wants to join in, send me a PM, please. Deadline is next Friday, July 15th, 24:00h.
I will not distribute the plate holders via mail, so this is a one-time offer for Ringmeet participants.

Edit: The plate holders are normal German/EU format, of course. 520 x 110 mm according to the shop.

Last edited:
I could pick up some people, too. As it look right now I'll drive to Bochum on Thursday, stay there for the night and head out to the Ring after breakfast on Friday.

I think it's only fair if the most luxurious saloon is arranged for the pick-up of our prestigious guests. ;)

I think it's only fair if the most luxurious saloon is arranged for the pick-up of our prestigious guests. ;)

Eye-Q sold the Audi.

Ummm... *raises a hand*

But I'd need arrival times where and when.

The only proper luxus-sedan that would have counted was bromics sold s8. no take your 4-ring-passat and sit in a corner! :D

Hey, I wasn't volounteering, I'll be drunk as a skunk the whole weekend. :p

Eye-Q sold the Audi.
Well, my car certainly had the softest suspension of all the attending cars last year... :p

Proof-pic:

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ey/eye-q/2011/07/07/car.jpg

I somehow still think MacGuffin will appear in an S-Class or 7-Series :D

@DanRom: 1 set please, I need to get rid of my "Ibiza-Forum.de" one after my rear one got mauled by my friend's Ass-tra :p

Thanks for the offers, I still don't know exactly what our schedule will be or where we'll be on which days. I'm waiting to figure out if I need to be in Paris for work or if we can skip that and head straight into Germany from Calais. We may just hire a car for the Germany part of our trip and then rejoin the world of public transportation as we cross into Switzerland after the meet. I'll let everyone know as our plans solidify.

Well, my car certainly had the softest suspension of all the attending cars last year... :p
Compare:
DSC_6711.jpg

with:
DSC_6715.jpg

Proof-pic:

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ey/eye-q/2011/07/07/car.jpg

My 190E beats that.
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2009/08/31/30-08-2009-Nurburg-TF0705.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2009/09/01/vs_30082009_04.jpg

I miss that car :cry:

You shouldn't have cut your hair, it was too light on your side. :p

I haven't sorted out our travel plans, but we will definitely be relying heavily on public transport. Car hire is unfathomably expensive if you need to return the vehicle to a different country than the one where you picked it up. We'll definitely be taking EuroStar from London to the continent and taking trains from region to region. Not sure what we'll do in each city or even really what our final schedule will be.

If you're down for a bit of an experience, I would suggest using the German equivalent of ride sharing, www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de. One of the other members or myself could set you guys up, but since I have run out of minutes on my phone, I volunteer someone else :p It's a cheap way to travel- I paid 60? to go from Bonn to Munich and back. That's five hours of travel each way. Granted, I spent the trip back in the back of a Rover 216 Cabriolet driven by a woman who insisted we listen to this "relaxing music" that contained quotes from Schiller followed by euro-trash house music (which I may or may not have liked), but most of the people are students or business folk just trying to break even on their trips.

You can pretty much be guaranteed to get just about anywhere in Germany for about 30??(per person) one way.

Oh yeah, I keep taking people from that sometimes too.......best one was a girl afraid of GPS units "OH GOD IF YOU LISTEN TO IT YOU WILL KILL US ALL". She screamed whenever it made an announcement. She almost died when it said "Take the next right" on a bridge :D

Status
Not open for further replies.