FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5 NB ringmeet fashion accessory
A new year, a new big FinalGear ringmeet!

As it was a big success last year (Review-thread, beware: 80 MB of pictures on the first page alone!) the Oldtimer Grand-Prix is the event to stick to, it's from 12th to 14th of August again.

We will stay at the same camping site as last year, it's Viktoria Station (only german and dutch, about half an hour from the parking lot at the Nordschleife entrance), but there are a few hotels around there, too, for the pussies who don't want to sleep two nights in a tent. We get a power outlet but probably not enough multi-outlet power strips so please have your cellphone or whatever charged fully before setting off.
Official prices are 7,50 Euro per night for car and tent plus 4,80 Euro per night and person, but as we will be a large group we should get a rebate, my estimation is about 8-9 Euro all-inclusive per night and person if you are there with a car or about 3 Euro if you are there without a car.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The twitter feed is still active and will most definitely be updated over that weekend, too.

Detailed planning is made in #ringmeet in IRC so if you want to contribute you are welcome to participate.

A scenic route for the Saturday drive will be worked out, we will be given a roadbook and then drive through the nice countryside around the 'ring to the camping site.

Most people will arrive there Friday in the afternoon or evening, but some will arrive earlier or later, too. If you want to attend, but don't have a car or don't want to drive there, there are plenty of possiblities by plane or train, just ask if someone can pick you up. Since there are so many attendants from all kinds of geographic directions, it's quite likely someone will go by the airport/train station where you will arrive.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tentative draft for an estimated schedule:
Friday:

- Arrival of most people (Meeting probably at the Nordschleife, last year we were at Adenauer Forst; last race finishes at 6:40pm)
- Watch classic cars on Nordschleife
- Shop for food & drinks (shops open till 10pm)
- Go to campsite
- BBQ + Beer (open end)

Saturday:

- sleep long (or not so long for the people who want to go to the early races of the OGP, begin at 09:00h at the Grand-Prix-track)
- till~ 10:30am be done with food
- 11am to 2-3pm touri-laps
- 3-3:30pm start cruise
- 5pm first ppl finish the cruise
- 6pm last one does
- get stuff, get ready, get cash
- 7pm FOOD at "Zur alten Scheune" in Barweiler (about half an hour from the camping site or 10 minutes from the parking lot at the Nordschleife entrance, street: Hauptstr. 30, menu)
- BBQ + Beer @ campsite (open end)

Sunday:

- Tourist drives and/or OGP (programme from 8:40am to 5:40pm)
- Break camp
- End of program sometimes ~3-4pm

Track openings for tourist drives:
Saturday 11am - 6:30pm
Sunday 11am - 7pm

Timetable of the OGP (only in german, but it should be pretty clear anyway)

Update: list of attendants, updated August 9th

Confirmed (with estimated arrival times):

IceBone (Communist Slovenian, cock-mobile, 11th sometime in the evening)
nicjasno (Communist Slovenian, amberlamps, like Ice)
DaBoom (Finn, ooooold car, toolbox, 11th sometime in the evening)
MXM (Finn/Ukrainian Hybrid, tow truck or plane, 11th sometime in the evening)
Adunaphel (Dutch, tractor, 12th around 10ish)
thomas (German, Autobahn trainer, hotelfag, 12th between 11 and 12 am)
h-p (Finn, some flying thing, like thomas)
Galantti (Finn, some flying thing, 12th around noon)
rootrider (American, rental, 12th around noon)
Speedtouch (UKanian, swedish steel fist, 12th around noon)
Matt2000 (UKanian, hitchhiker, like Speedtouch)
DanRoM (German, car [important: black!], 12th around noon or in the evening)
shad_68 (German, grandfather's car, 12th in the afternoon)
Der Stig (USA! USA!, like shad_68)
mikas (Finn, another flying thing and rental, 12th around 9pm)
Eye-Q (German, family wagon, 12th sometime in the evening)
swek (German, fixie, like Eye-Q)
47 (Croatian, 13th in the morning)
vuksa_kc (Croatian, like 47)
eizbaer (German, plastic car, 13th in the morning)
D-Fence (German, tow truck)
Kip_6666 (Dutch, tow truck, hotelfag)
Adrian (Norwegian, 8 SERIES V12 BITCHES! Also, hotelfag) + 1
Ford Prefect (German, ringtool, hotelfag, no-evening-drinking-fag)
Suedschleife (German, car with funny wheels)
TobiasG (Norwegian, ADAC-truck)
fluke667 (German, straight 6 with something around it)
Dr_Grip (German, Oliver's son, hotelfag)
MacGuffin (East Frisian :p, rental)
Equiraptor (Texan, not so long hair anymore :()
Nugget (Texan - watch out for guns and married sisters :p)
metalnarf (German, "car")

Current count: 33

List of things still needed by people who arrive by plane, jetpack or something else with little luggage capacity:

List of things provided by other people
- Adu:
  • Space in a tent for Galantti and h-p
- Icebone:
  • Space in a tent and sleeping bag for rootrider
  • A 20m extension cord with 4 outlets at the end
- Eye-Q:
  • One self-inflating air mattress
  • One space in a 2-person-tent for swek
  • A small kettle BBQ
  • Coal, igniters
  • Six reusable plastic cups
  • A camping chair
  • 2 crates of Astra Rotlicht for IceBone
- shad:
  • A big tent (4-6 persons, shad and Stig already booked, equiraptor and nugget probably)
  • A ride from and to Bonn at Friday and Sunday for Stig
  • A sleeping bag for Stig
- Suedschleife:
  • A place in a tent for mikas
- thomas:
  • A ride from and to Frankfurt Airport for h-p and Galantti

Last edited:
We've been working on IRC on setting a date for the next ringmeet, and it's not yet set in stone. So please join us on IRC in #ringmeet for the planning of the next ringmeet.

Last edited:
Well I'm seriously hoping to make it this year. Depends on finances which depend on a whole shit storm of stuff that I don't plan to go into but if I can make it I will. Should be enough space in the boot of the Mazda for a second tent and weekend bag so I'd be happy to share fuel and ferry costs with A N Other from Ukania or anyone flying into Heathrow or Gatwick. I'll keep an eye on this thread and how things are going for me.

Not sure if I will be part of the actual ringmeet this time. But as always the chances that I?ll stop by because I?m in the general area anyway are quite large. :mrgreen:

Also seriously considering it; depending on the date. As i've said elsewhere before - I'm driving from north France to Bratislava from the 22nd-26th July. We will be visiting the ring, but it won't be for long, and I'd like to drive back (hoping the car survives :p - it has to cost less than ?250). So if its a weekend (I think you normally do that right?) then I'm around definitely on the 30/31 July or possibly 23/24 July.

I'm giving it a lot of thought and it would mostly come down to costs, dates and other various contributing factors. but i'll definately consider it and keep a eye on this thread for more details.

With any luck I'll have another car by then (I'd bloody well hope so anyway)

Hopefully I can finally attend.

Damn oceans separating people and shit! *shakes fists*

You can cross those bad boys rather quickly nowadays. I?m hearing good things about those airplanes. :mrgreen:

Not that I recall. We've had Finns, Germans, Dutchies, Frenchies, Slovenians, Danes and even a Canadian, but no Ukanians yet.

We had a shady Ukranian though, does that count?

Belgians always evaded, too.....

It basically all comes down to if the track is open, but the N-Gmbh hasn't released opening tiems yet -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.