FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Finns or whoever else is arriving via FRA:

I'll pick up Galantti @ FRA-Airport at ~9 AM on the 12th and kick him out of the car there again on 14th sometime between 6 and 7 PM! If that meets anybody elses schedule and you want a ride, tell me. Some minor cahnges to said times might be possible. And in case someone finds a cheap flight to Stuttgart (Delta-Hub, Code STR), thats around the corner, i can pick you up there too, but that'd have to be like 7 AM, return sunday evening.

Set me on confirmed too and like thomas i can pick up people in Frankfurt or Stuttgart

I'd be willing to pick you up as well.
On your bike? :D

As well, I plan to get down there on Friday around midday. Anyone living/jumping out of a plane/otherwise available on the route from Dortmund to the Ring is welcome to ride shotgun.

you wanna make a 2-car-convoy towards fraport or are you clear in mind and dont plan to get up that freakin early? :D

Leaving at 7:00 might be a little to early for me :unsure:

On your bike? :D

That'd certainly be interesting. :p

Well, taking the bike is an idea I'm toying with, but tbh I'll most likely take the Merc - there's the problem with luggage, weather, I don't think the XT is really suited for the Autobahn, yadda yadda... and I have to admit, my butt was pretty crushed already after riding for 1 1/2 hours on a trip to M?nster. :eek:

As your driver its my duty to inform you, that there is at least 1 place left in the thomas-bus-line, maximum two. Non-Finns are welcome to join me, so i'm not the only one not speaking this strange language of Galantti and h-p! :D

I should be good to go, possibly with my friend. I'll be leaving Friday evening, crossing the Channel early Saturday morning hopefully to get to the 'ring for around lunch time on Saturday.

Whats really annoying is that after a bit of thinking; I'll probably be returning home from Bratislava/Europe at the start of August, only to come back out again a couple of weeks later. Part of me wants to stay out in Europe for those two weeks and make it a huge long trip; only I go out there on the 21st or so of July, so it would be nearly a month in Europaland. Any thoughts on whether its worth driving about for a bit to see sights? I reckon that returning home would be cheaper (more fuel but less living expenses), but I've always wanted to go driving round Europe, and while I have a student sized overdraft...

Sorry to hi-jack a thread a bit, too. I definitely want to come to the meet, but its how I do so would be painful. Also I get the feeling people would rather I rock up in a certain van-shaped car.

I think almost everyone (D-Fence, DanRom, Eye-Q, me...) has to cross through Cologne and pass near Bonn, i'd pick you up if no one else will....

I'd be willing to pick you up as well.

Bonn won't be a big detour for me either.

Updated the list :) this looks orsum this year!
On this note, please be informed there is #ringmeet on IRC. :D

Oh BTW, I cross through Bonn and cologne but I will already have MXM in my car as usual :D :D :D :D :D (he doesn't know it yet)

:D Awesome! I'm right on the Rhein in the middle of the city and I'm close to Uni Bonn, so whoever is closest or wants to pick me up the most and hear about America's ridiculously high taxes and gas prices, let me know :p

You know I've looked at this thread before and would like to join an FG meet, but until yesterday I've always dismissed the idea as too expensive (it's Galantti's fault that I'm considering it :p). It would be technically possible for me to join you but would need some planning.

I worked out that fuel costs would be at least ?180 each way which is a painful but potentially affordable, taking the Land Rover around the 'ring would be interesting. I just need to work out if it's possible for someone 6ft tall to sleep in a short wheelbase Land Rover. I think it's technically possible, or I might have to buy a tent (I don't do camping :D).

Last edited:
:D Awesome! I'm right on the Rhein in the middle of the city and I'm close to Uni Bonn, so whoever is closest or wants to pick me up the most and hear about America's ridiculously high taxes and gas prices, let me know :p

I intend to be in Ahrbr?ck (campsite location) pretty early on friday, preferrably before noon, so picking up would happen between 10 and 11.

I just need to work out if it's possible for someone 6ft tall to sleep in a short wheelbase Land Rover. I think it's technically possible, or I might have to buy a tent (I don't do camping :D).

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/05/04/snapshot20110504121239.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/05/04/snapshot20110504121310.jpg

:lol:

You know I've looked at this thread before and would like to join an FG meet, but until yesterday I've always dismissed the idea as too expensive (it's Galantti's fault that I'm considering it :p). It would be technically possible for me to join you but would need some planning.

I worked out that fuel costs would be at least ?180 each way which is a painful but potentially affordable, taking the Land Rover around the 'ring would be interesting. I just need to work out if it's possible for someone 6ft tall to sleep in a short wheelbase Land Rover. I think it's technically possible, or I might have to buy a tent (I don't do camping :D).

Cant you share the expences with 1 another brit thats coming?
Just make him sure your not letting him to sleep inside your awsomemobile :D
(unless its a she!).

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/05/04/snapshot20110504121239.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/05/04/snapshot20110504121310.jpg

:lol:

:lol: :D awsome blayde 10pts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.