FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm worried that if for some reason he bins it into a tree on the way over I'm going to get the blame. Maybe I should bring a spare steering wheel just in case. Either that or we can just blame the TomTom (picking on someone other than ice now :D).

Now I'm worried that if for some reason he bins it into a tree on the way over I'm going to get the blame. Maybe I should bring a spare steering wheel just in case. Either that or we can just blame the TomTom (picking on someone other than ice now :D).

"make u-turn"

Wooohoo! Joel FTW! This time we won't miss each other I guess. Staying longer (I guess so?!) Traveldates! Now! :D And Eye-Q, gogo, update!

Wooohoo! Joel FTW! This time we won't miss each other I guess. Staying longer (I guess so?!) Traveldates! Now! :D And Eye-Q, gogo, update!

arriving the morning of the 12th.. leaving the morning of the 19th. So, I'll have a few days after the ring meet to drive around. I'm not completely sure what I'll be seeing or doing yet though... other than driving the Ring again.

J?L IS COMING! \o/ So we can finally talk VAG Ricer to VAG Ricer! :p

Oh and regarding foreign cars and "illegal" modifications I just stumbled upon this:

?22:
Erweist sich ein ausl?ndisches Fahrzeug als nicht vorschriftsm??ig, ist ? 5 anzuwenden; muss der Betrieb des Fahrzeugs untersagt werden, wird die im Ausland ausgestellte Zulassungsbescheinigung oder der Internationale Zulassungsschein an die ausstellende Stelle zur?ckgesandt. Hat der Eigent?mer oder Halter des Fahrzeugs keinen Wohn- oder Aufenthaltsort im Inland, ist f?r Ma?nahmen nach Satz 1 jede Verwaltungsbeh?rde nach ? 46 Abs. 1 zust?ndig.

Klartext ?5:
? 5 Beschr?nkung und Untersagung des Betriebs von Fahrzeugen

7 Gesetze verweisen aus 9 Artikeln auf ? 5

(1) Erweist sich ein Fahrzeug als nicht vorschriftsm??ig nach dieser Verordnung oder der Stra?enverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung, kann die Zulassungsbeh?rde dem Eigent?mer oder Halter eine angemessene Frist zur Beseitigung der M?ngel setzen oder den Betrieb des Fahrzeugs auf ?ffentlichen Stra?en beschr?nken oder untersagen.

(2) Ist der Betrieb eines Fahrzeugs, f?r das ein Kennzeichen zugeteilt ist, untersagt, hat der Eigent?mer oder Halter das Fahrzeug nach Ma?gabe des ? 14 au?er Betrieb setzen zu lassen oder der Zulassungsbeh?rde nachzuweisen, dass die Gr?nde f?r die Beschr?nkung oder Untersagung des Betriebs nicht oder nicht mehr vorliegen. Der Halter darf die Inbetriebnahme eines Fahrzeugs nicht anordnen oder zulassen, wenn der Betrieb des Fahrzeugs nach Absatz 1 untersagt ist oder die Beschr?nkung nicht eingehalten werden kann.

(3) Besteht Anlass zu der Annahme, dass ein Fahrzeug nicht vorschriftsm??ig nach dieser Verordnung oder der Stra?enverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung ist, so kann die Zulassungsbeh?rde anordnen, dass

1. ein von ihr bestimmter Nachweis ?ber die Vorschriftsm??igkeit oder ein Gutachten eines amtlich anerkannten Sachverst?ndigen, Pr?fers f?r den Kraftfahrzeugverkehr oder Pr?fingenieurs vorgelegt oder

2. das Fahrzeug vorgef?hrt wird.

Wenn n?tig, kann die Zulassungsbeh?rde mehrere solcher Anordnungen treffen.

GOOGLE

? 22:
A foreign vehicle is found not prescribed, ? 5 is used; the operation of the vehicle must be prohibited, the returned certificate of registration issued abroad or the International Certificate of the awarding body. If the owner or keeper of the vehicle to a living or stay in Germany, is responsible for operations under one set of each administrative authority according to ? 46 para 1.

Plain text ? 5:
? 5 Limitation and prohibition of the operation of vehicles

7 laws refer to ? 5 of 9 items

(1) If a vehicle is found to be not lawfully under this regulation or the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations, may set the admission authority to the owner or operator a reasonable period to rectify the irregularities or restrict the operation of the vehicle on public roads or prohibit.

(2) If the operation of a vehicle for which a plate is assigned to be prohibited, the owner or keeper of the vehicle in accordance with ? 14 to be inoperative or to demonstrate to the approving authority that the reasons for the restriction or prohibition of the operation not or no longer exist. The holder may not arrange the placing of a vehicle or permit if the operation of the vehicle is prohibited under paragraph 1 or the limitation can not be met.

(3) there is reason to believe that a vehicle is not properly under this Regulation or the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations, the licensing authority may order that

1. a certain proof of it on the compliance or the opinion of a licensed expert, auditor of the motor vehicle traffic or presented, or test engineers

2. the vehicle is presented.

If necessary, the approval authority may take several such arrangements.

Arriving at FRA i assume?

yeah.. there isn't another option unless I wanted to make multiple stops in order to get there. That doesn't save much money, and severely increases the time. So, the only non-stop option is to fly into FRA.

I'll be renting a car. The plane arrives at 09:05am

J?L IS COMING! \o/ So we can finally talk VAG Ricer to VAG Ricer! :p

:mad:

Last edited:
If your car is illegal in Germany, they can ban you from road use (i.e. stop you dead) or give you "sufficient" time to fix it. If they ban you from road use, they send your papers home and you have to later prove to the German cops that you fixed your car before being allowed to drive it again on German roads. And they can order T?V to check that all is good.

OK, I updated the first post so it contains more infos about the meet itself.

At the moment the list of confirmed attendants is at 22 people, not bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.