FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, can we also add dates of travel to the list? nicjasno and I will be arriving on the 11th and leaving on either 14th or 15th.

In the evening some time, possibly like last time, that's why we're going 1 day early.

Me and the Saab toucher will be there at around midday on Friday, leaving some time Sunday afternoon.

I was just reading the campsite's website in Google Translate...

In addition to 38 permanent sites, 40 seasonal sites and 180 touring pitches available to the charming family room has a modern toilet block, the restaurant "hell hole" with refreshments, children's playground, a large separate youth area and a self-service shop.
Someone please tell me that's a mistranslation. :lmao:

Last edited:
I used Narf's link to Google maps and used the link to the camp site, now I realise that he got the wrong place.

This is the site I was on anyway, not our camp site: http://www.camping-altenahr.de/

Read -> understand -> type ;).

But regarding the text: the restaurants name is more like "devils hole". Why, does this name scare you? :D

The restaurant "Teufelsloch" ("Devil's Hole", or should it be "Devil's Loch") is named after a nearby lake which seems to be a popular hiking destination.

Me and the Saab toucher will be there at around midday on Friday, leaving some time Sunday afternoon.

Yup; Ferry across to Europe very early Friday morning, and Ferry home at midnight on Sunday evening. So we've got plenty of time to coax a certain green vehicle across there. Whats that; both my cars are green? Oh no! :p

Random thought; we should probably think about booking said ferries...

We should reserve a spot on the campsite soon......best outside the gate near that bridge.

Hey, can we also add dates of travel to the list?

If I can make it I'll probably arrive Saturday morning, leave Saturday night :burnrubber:

Probably staying both nights around Cologne, could pick up last-minute attendees only because I'll only be able to decide late myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.