FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
challenge-accepted.png

I think we'll book.

Beat me to it. :lol:

I'd do it you know, might call in a few favours from a certain historic Land Rover collection.

amphib+rover.jpg

Yes we should get the ferries booked, I can Paypal you the monies whenever.

Edit: Aldi are selling an inverter for ?15, I'll have a look this weekend and will probably get one. Even if it's only a low wattage one it'll handle phone/camera chargers.

Last edited:
We should reserve a spot on the campsite soon......best outside the gate near that bridge.

Things going like they are, we'll be needing the whole campsite :)

As far as travel goes, DaBoom wants to get to .de on Thursday evening and drive through the night, but I'm not so sure :p I'm leaning towards wasting Thursday on the trip to the ring. Meaning that I'd probably need a place to sleep already on Thursday, hmm..

Just waiting on Matt for a quick question; then I'll be booking the ferry. Just ?64 return, so ?32 each. Not bad if you ask me in today's times. :) Considering the train would be ?88 return (which actually is cheaper than I expected), but we've got plenty of time, and ferries are more fun. :lol:

Well if you can then something has gone wrong.

As far as travel goes, DaBoom wants to get to .de on Thursday evening and drive through the night, but I'm not so sure :p I'm leaning towards wasting Thursday on the trip to the ring. Meaning that I'd probably need a place to sleep already on Thursday, hmm..
Well, Ice and nic are planning to be there on Thursday, too, so you wouldn't be all alone. ;)

Also, estimated arrival times in the list, I think I'll sort it according to the arrival times.

Last edited:
I'll arrive sometime on Friday. Worst case: dinner time if I can't get the day off. Best case: around lunchtime if I get the day off.

et voila; we're booked onto the ferries. We're comin'!

Here's a thought; does this make Matt and I the first ever properly confirmed Ukanians? :p

If your car is illegal in Germany, they can ban you from road use (i.e. stop you dead) or give you "sufficient" time to fix it. If they ban you from road use, they send your papers home and you have to later prove to the German cops that you fixed your car before being allowed to drive it again on German roads. And they can order T?V to check that all is good.

My car probably is, on noise limits alone i'm willing to bet. Got any more info?

Well, tent + car cost ? 7.50 per night. The price you quoted is for one adult... but sleeping where? Reason says it's including a tent.

I'll be arriving around the same time on Thomas.. since he's picking people up from FRA who land an hour before I do

Status
Not open for further replies.