FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got ready:
- my car
- 2 campingchairs
- a hotelroom
- day off for friday to a) get to the ring and b) pick up some strangers at the airport :D

Ok, I just found the dates for my exams this semester - I've got one on the 11th, and one on the 18th, so you can bump me up to confirmed. :D
I'll most likely arrive some time around afternoon on friday.

Pick me, pick me! :p But really, I'd sure like a bit of company on the way, and I think I could probably even help you with the camping gear.

That was easy. :p

Thanks for the genorosity. I'm stoked to ride shotgun in a W201 (or ass-gun on an XT-600 :lol: )

I'm at the airport now and I'm already excited.

I'll PM you my Handy # once I'm over there.

I'm going on a trip and I'm taking...
- one tent (room for two, probably filled with a certain swek)
- one camp bed
- one sleeping bag
- one camping chair
- one small BBQ with enough coal and lighters
- some other things you're not interested
- maybe someone who wants to hitch a ride from K?ln or Bonn, but I don't know when we'll arrive there yet since it's at least 450 km to drive

with me.

Just talked to Hotel & Restaurant Wurstkessel. They are fully booked, as well.

EDIT: Just booked a room at Gasthof Faltin, about 500 meters down the road.

EDIT2: That, of course, moves me to the "confirmed" list. Not the Kadett so far, though.

Last edited:
I'll be packing:
1 tent for myself
1 sleeping bag/sleeping mat combo thing
2 tents, as ordered by random Finns off the internet
2 folding lawn chairs
1 folding umbrella chair
1 gas-powered lamp (I'll be bringing enough canisters this year)
1 small gas-powered stove
1 Bialetti (and coffee)
1 set of pans for heating other stuff
1 bootful of stroopwaffles
maybe some other random items, like clean clothes, toothpaste, showergel, etc.

I guess my kit list will involve;

- 1 Hitchiker's kit
- 1 or 2 folding chairs (can't remember how many we have)
- 1 sleeping bag and mat of some kind
- 1 Hitchiker
- Anything else camping related I can find; should be a bit more as we went Euro-Camping in 2007.
- I have a tent which I could bring, but its not a nice 2 second tent. I think its 2 or 3 person.
- Green tent featuring fully functioning suspension, steering and wind-up power system. MOT and Tax included.

Good news right here: My exam is one month early. So as long as nothing internship-wise goes horribly wrong, I will be there.
When does the meet officially start, Friday or Saturday?

When does the meet officially start, Friday or Saturday?

There is no officially. It starts when enough FG'ers congregate on one spot. So probably friday morning.

The main meet days were always Saturday and Sunday, to accommodate those who don't want to take days off work. But if one can come on Friday, one definitely should :)

seems to me that enough people will be there by Friday afternoon or evening that the meet will effectively start then.

so the cool kids come to the partah in friday? :eek:

So what if someone (you) would like break down on the way to the meet (again) and be late? Would that be one very uncool person (slovenian)? :mrgreen:

SCNR

Last edited:
I honestly suggest everyone brakes down latest at the campsite or else he'll be crashing into something.

I'll be fine; the Kangoo will inevitably break down on the ferry in protest of leaving the country. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.