FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the way out of course. Nothing wants to be in France.

Edit: As a thought as well; obviiously I will have breakdown cover for the drive to Bratislava in the Saab, and the parents have some cover atm on the Kangoo (which I will check out). However I could get some really good cover and transfer it over for this trip; is there any breakdown policy that covers the recovery off the 'Ring?

Last edited:
I'll be fine; the Kangoo will inevitably break down on the ferry in protest of leaving the country. :lol:

The plan will then be to push it in the water and get something more reliable. :D

Galantti (Finn, some flying thing, too, like thomas, too)
viilaaja@pt cruiser (another some flying thing, 12th around noon).....

we are the same person :p
/me makes a mental note to change forum login

Ah, that's why I didn't find Galantti (you) in the "who posted"-list, I thought it was some friend of one of the finnish members or something...

At the moment I will let viilaaja@pt cruiser in the list until you changed your forum login.

Last edited:
i didnt even notice, that galantti is not posting as galantti here :D. just seeing a pic of a pt and seeing finland as location did the deal for me :D

Going to have to rule myself out, I've got another work commitment on the Monday. I'm going to try and get there some time in late September when work shouldn't be an issue.

Alright, let's open a list of things still needed for the various members (I update the list in the first post, too):

- For Stig:
  • A sleeping bag
  • a place in a tent (Adu and Ice: you said you'll bring spare tents, are they booked completely already?)
  • a ride to Bonn Sunday night (Stig: Sunday night means from Sunday to Monday, right? I think it would be best to stay the night in Bonn because almost everybody will leave Sunday)
- For rootrider:
  • A sleeping bag
  • a place in a tent (same question to Adu and Ice as above)
- For Galantti:
  • a place in a tent (I'll delete the entry when Adu confirms one of his tents is planned for him)

So far we have seven chairs confirmed, that's a bit short-handed for (at the moment) 24 participants. Anybody else who can confirm he/she (still hope we get a girl aboard, too) will bring a chair?

OK, updated the list in the first post. Additionally I can bring one self-inflating mattress for people who don't want to sleep without some cushioning. In the last resort I can sleep in my car, too, but if it's avoidable I prefer not to as the cargo area is a bit too short.

Alright, let's open a list of things still needed for the various members (I update the list in the first post, too):

- For Stig:
  • A sleeping bag
  • a place in a tent (Adu and Ice: you said you'll bring spare tents, are they booked completely already?)
  • a ride to Bonn Sunday night (Stig: Sunday night means from Sunday to Monday, right? I think it would be best to stay the night in Bonn because almost everybody will leave Sunday)

Shad has me covered on all of that, including a ride to and from the Ring- we'll be leaving Sunday late afternoon as I fly out at 6AM on Monday.

I think Joel has dibs on my spare tent if nicjasno doesn't want it.

In the last resort I can sleep in my car, too, but if it's avoidable I prefer not to as the cargo area is a bit too short.

Either you are 2m+ tall, or you're just a whiny pussy! I slept in my 1-series-trunk (folded rearseats) last year and it was quite good! And I am 1.89m, which barely fitted diagonally in the back! Another upside was: No packing tent and stuff in the pouring rain on sunday morning ;).

And regarding the chairs: For the germans: The "D?nisches Bettenlager" has a collection of those foldable camping-chairs for like 8-20? on sale right now, so you might wanna check for that. For the others: Maybe me or other germans could buy one of those chairs on demand and bring it. Afterwards you either can take them back home if possible or just leave it with whoever wants it and see it as a 8? (for the cheapest model) "sitting-fee" :D. Just an idea.

Either you are 2m+ tall, or you're just a whiny pussy!
Well, I'm 1.75m so the first assumption is wrong. :p

7 years ago I went camping with a rented E46 touring, and as we were short of tents, two of us slept in the car. That wasn't very comfortable, but I think if only one person sleeps in the car it could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.