FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way: It looks like I'm starting here early on Friday morning. So if anyone without a ride wants to hop on, please tell in time. Otherwise I will just blast down the Autobahn alone from the North Sea to the Eifel.

I just booked a table (or how many it takes) for 28 so far confirmed people (number can be refined prior to date) at "Zur alten Scheune" in Barweiler for August 13th / 7pm.

nfi. I don't know the location or what kind of or how many rooms they got. I just booked it because the other kids didn't dare to, using excuses like "I'm too lazy", "No I'm even more lazy" or "..but my german sucks" :mrgreen:.

Oh, and because we were kinda running out of options for ~30 people within a 6 week range. Yes, just 6 weeks left!! :D

128357130952043750Youdidwellyo.jpg

As well, when you google for the place, this thread comes on page 4 after all yellow pages. Let's mention "Zur alten Scheune" in Barweiler once more. :)

As I don't know who's eating what and for those who like to prep their sat-navs, here's the address and some additional informations from a restaurant guide that lists the place:

Ristorante Pizzeria Zur Alten Scheune
Hauptstra?e 30
53534 Barweiler
Tel. 02691-935657

Place is opened till midnight saturdays.

FYI:
- has vegetarian food too
- has smoker room
- accepts credit cards, ec cards

So, regarding schedule:

(Thursday - no official program)

Friday:

???
Watch Oldtimers on Nordschleife
Go to campsite / shop for food & drinks
BBQ + Beer

Saturday:

???
Tourist drives
Cruise
7 pm "Zur alten Scheune" in Barweiler
Beer

Sunday:

????
Tourist drives
Break camp
End of program sometimes ~3-4pm

Have I got this right? Or is cruise on Sunday? Do we go to OGP?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess friday is quite fine that way.

As said saturday i'd do like that:
- sleep long
- till~ 10:30am be done with food
- 11am to 2-3pm touri-laps
- 3-3:30pm start cruise
- 5pm first ppl finish the cruise
- 6pm last one does
- get stuff, get ready, get cash
- 7pm FOOD!
- open end @campsite

sunday: same as saturday till 3pm i guess. then as said, end of meet for the most.

Track openings:
Saturday 11am - 6:30pm
Sunday 11am - 7pm
Which gives us a ~3-4hr window on saturday, which should be sufficient to do some laps. calculating about 2 closedowns, one likely to be caused by us.

calculating about 2 closedowns, one likely to be caused by us.
If we go with all 20-odd cars at once, definitely.

But it sounds good to me. Sadly, the Nordschleife won't be open for tourist drives on Friday...

Due to unforeseen circumstances (office closing down in end of Aug) I'm either out or in. Depends of whether I've secured employment from Sept onwards and whether there's anything to do in Aug. And whether I have any money. I hate this situation, but until I know what's happening I have no idea if I can just take my car and drive to Germany.

It probably has been written somewhere but what are the cost of the camping site? I'm trying to determine how much cash I should bring.

Officially 7,50 Euro per car + tent plus 4,80 Euro per person a night, but since we are such a large group I bet it will cost much less, I guess about 8-9 Euro all-inclusive per night/person

@Eye-Q:

(or not so long for the people who want an empty Nordschleife for Touri-laps)
You might remove that. I wrote tourilaps 11am++ for a reason. And I posted the reason too. Track opens 11am ;).

My friends and I will probably be either on or near the track whenever it?s open, and head over to the OGP whenever the track is closed. If all goes well I?ll be staying until the track closes sunday evening. If the weather is good and the bimmer behaves, I?m hoping to do like 30 laps over the weekend. No cruise for me, but I?d like to join you guys in the Scheune, and as I wrote on fb, would like to bring 2 friends along if that?s allright.

I'll probably be on track Sunday evening until it closes as well. I haven't decided what I'm doing Sunday night yet.. but if people are still hanging around I'll probably be happy to stay around as well. I just probably won't have a tent or anything else that night, so I was thinking I might reserve a hotel in N?rburg for Sunday night.

Depending on the weather, I'd rather leave on monday morning when I'm rested than sunday afternoon. Tried it before once, had to stop midway for some sleep, I just couldn't go on anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.