FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before, I can arrange a pickup in Darmstadt/Frankfurt area. Which includes the FRA airport for our international guests. I'll be driving up to the Ring on Friday or Saturday, don't have many timing constraints, so something can be arranged if necessary.

If you're down for a bit of an experience, I would suggest using the German equivalent of ride sharing, www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de.

Last spring I've picked up loads of people through that while doing G?tersloh-Kiel on Fridays and Kiel-G?tersloh on Sundays. Usual rates are around 5? per 100 personkilometres, but rates vary. On good days I'd even make a decent profit after paying for fuel :D on bad days, meh :dunno:
Makes the ride interesting though. No significantly bad experiences, only confirmations of my comfy & quiet car - loads fell asleep during the ride :lol:

I don't think this would work for equinugget though, unless they can plan each leg well ahead. Also, they do offer trainshares on group tickets. You could even buy a group ticket and offer to take people with you if there are no offers on your route.

Last edited:
@nugget

As I posted previously, my brother has a relatively big tent (4mx3,5m x2,1m high in the middle) that I could bring. Dunno if it's a problem for you to share a tent with other people, as DerStig and me would be using it as well in that case. But it's big enough to hold four people comfortably.

And with the big tent I could use a proper camp bed instead of a crummy sleeping pad. :D

Here's a motivational picture for the Ringmeet:

3077791872_705088b260_o.jpg

I'm an off road fan, not much would please me more than a good mud spraying. :lol:

Makes me wish I was bringing mine so I could do it. :p

I?m not in any particular hurry, so as far as I?m concerned we can each just order normally and deal with the fact that some people will be finished by the time others are getting started. But if the general oppinion is otherwise that?s fine with me as well, we just have to tell them.

I agree... this would give us all more time to mingle and hang out any way.

I'm rather picky... so it's nice to have a proper menu choice.

Well I don?t want to start with the clich?s, but I?ve met Americans that were convinced you can go anywhere with public transportation in Europe. :mrgreen:

I have to fight this all the time... people keep wondering why I have a rental car for my trip :(

Last edited:
I agree... this would give us all more time to mingle and hang out any way.

I'm rather picky... so it's nice to have a proper menu choice.

I have to fight this all the time... people keep wondering why I have a rental car for my trip :(

public trsnport is pain in the arse, for 30min car it takes me 2hours with my local public transportation to do the same trip :(

In Germany public transport is fairly decent as long as you stick to the major cities and/or not go anywhere after midnight. But due to the fact that I was almost old enough to drive by the time I moved here and have pretty much always had access to a car, my experience with public transport is limited to occasions where I plan to be too drunk to drive home...

So... any more oppinions on dinner plans concerning food choice?

Compare:
[pic]
with:
[another pic]
Mine was just inbetween the corners, thus in the alternation of load, additionally I didn't drive that spirited on the rally as on the 'ring.

My 190E beats that.
As I said: of all the attending cars, and your W201 didn't attend. ;)

[edit]
Dinner plans: ? la carte is my weapon of choice.
[/edit]

So... any more oppinions on dinner plans concerning food choice?
Ideally, we would have the menu beforehand so we could decide and notify the chef in advance...

On practical grounds, I doubt anything other than ordering ? la carte and waiting a looong time for the meals to arrive is too difficult to organize...

Ideally, we would have the menu beforehand so we could decide and notify the chef in advance...

On practical grounds, I doubt anything other than ordering ? la carte and waiting a looong time for the meals to arrive is too difficult to organize...

:blink: Can you rephrase that? :D

I'd stick to alacart, as a menu wont probably come along cheap (plain assumption) and will limit us to a certain range of food, which might bring up trouble with 30+ people from like 10 countries. And as there ain't a real deadline to make afterwards, I don't care about the time. Well, at least as long as we cause the waiting time by ordering 100 different things and not them causing it by failing to take the order ;).

My vote is for ? la carte too and i don't mind waiting.

...limit us to a certain range of food, which might bring up trouble with 30+ people from like 10 countries. And as there ain't a real deadline to make afterwards, I don't care about the time. ...

This would be my main argument for alacarte as well. And I don?t think they?ll have a massive problem handling the orders. It just might take a bit longer than normally for everyone to get their food. I?ve eaten there more often than I can count, and it?s a good restaurant with professional staff.

Arrange for their menu, we'll decide in advance and try to keep it to as few different selections as possible. I think that would be best for all.

Yeah me too, I pretty much already know what I?m eating anyway. :D
I think I?ll just call them tomorrow evening and see about that.

I can safely say that a limited selection won't be a problem as far as I'm concerned, I'll pretty much eat anything or at least try it once. :D

having a menu available on here ahead of time might help make our choices more quickly when we're there, but, like Thomas said, I really doubt we can simplify our menu choices with 30+ people coming from all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.