FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in the real world helmets cost 2-3 times as much. Also these guys have good return policy. Even if I lose on postage, it's still way waaay cheaper than any full-face helmet with SA2005 or equivalent in Finland.

If you haven't tried any on yet, specifically the one you want to buy, do it now. Helmets are likes shoes- each company's product vary in sizes, I've tried on several from different manufacturers and found I had to go up or down a size.

These aren't sold anywhere but on the net, so I have to rely on measures. Anyway, this is not the issue. I have decided on the helmet, I just need to solve delivery issues :)

Last edited:
I hope everyone will wear a name tag, because I am absolutely terrible with connecting names (or nicknames in this case) to faces.

I am bringing 486 adhesive labels to the ring, and a black marker....

Good :)

Not that I think anyone would forget who I am, once they saw me...

Unfortunately the many coloured vinyl will come off HMS Saab, but instead I'm thinking some racing stripes will be able to go on. I still have plenty of vinyl, too, so watch out in case you like your cars to remain one colour...

Note to self - increase size of radar bubble panned by Failbiza's Alarmsystem so hood & trunk are covered too.

I would not do that, Alex. That will just result in some drunken #gear-person taking your car apart till he found - and disabled - the alarm. You might not like the result. Although the rest of us might like the show.

The alarmsensor sits highly visible behind handbrake to tell people "FUCK OFF MY CAR" - got broken into 2 times before I installed it :/

I'll bring a rubber mallet, remember?

Know what I mean? ;)

The alarmsensor sits highly visible behind handbrake to tell people "FUCK OFF MY CAR" - got broken into 2 times before I installed it :/

It hasn't been broken in since because: a) thieves are scared by the sound of your alarm, b) they can't be bothered because of the flashing LED? Since I'm pretty sure the answer is b - what is the point in increasing sensitivity and annoying every human being in 100m radius?

Seeing as one suspects the alarm notification will be in German and I therefore won't understand it (being British and ignorant, of course). Therefore merely the whole campsite who was asleep will be awoken, not affecting me due to the fact I was already awake.

Or I could just stick it on while you're not looking. :lol:

D-Fence, I have many knife to rent! For you, my friend, special price! Also, my friend does clean up for you, da? Maybe you do not want blood on your pretty little Seat I am thinking.

#gear ruins my uni-carreer... i'll be stopping by on saturday i guess

You're just 23, how can one weekend ruin your uni-career? Missing another student party or what? :p

I'm back from vacation, time to really start preparing for the trip!
We'll be there on Saturday morning hopefully. A detour through Italy (Stelvio etc.) is becoming an option,
so there's a possibility that we leave on Sunday morning. Monday is a holiday here so yaay for us :D

Ice, do you have a map of your route, we need the quickest way there. I'll probably be buying a vignette anyway so that will shorten the trip a bit at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.