FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all seems so close now! We'll be leaving here in less than 12 hours! :p Not looking forward to what will probably be a 5 hour drive, so I guess we may stop somewhere for an hour of rest, if Matt is OK with that doesn't want to die. :lol:

Where are we all meeting, though? I assume by the Ring, but where/what corner/entrance? :) Just so we know :p

Last edited:
Not looking forward to what will probably be a 5 hour drive, so I guess we may stop somewhere for an hour of rest, if Matt is OK with that doesn't want to die. :lol:

:lol:

Yeah I'd rather not be killed to death so you can stop as many times as you want.

Got my new speedo cable fitted too so I won't come through your town at 40 and plow into the chip shop. Not sure if the bulb above the fuel gauge is working though so I'll remember to bring a torch. :lol:

As far as fuel I'll be bringing 150 Euros in cash so will you want my half when as and when we fill up? Also it looks like I might not make it to you on a single tank of petrol, bloody thing. :rolleyes:

It all seems so close now! We'll be leaving here in less than 12 hours! :p Not looking forward to what will probably be a 5 hour drive, so I guess we may stop somewhere for an hour of rest, if Matt is OK with that doesn't want to die. :lol:

Where are we all meeting, though? I assume by the Ring, but where/what corner/entrance? :) Just so we know :p

That depends, I guess the people who arrive ~12:00 Friday will meet at campsite first to get rid of all that stuff in the trunk? Am I right in this assumption?

That depends, I guess the people who arrive ~12:00 Friday will meet at campsite first to get rid of all that stuff in the trunk? Am I right in this assumption?

Yes, Sued and I will leave my place around 9, Nugget and equi might hook up here as well as they're already in the vicinity. I've PM'd my phone number to Speedtouch, so he can reach someone.

I have to pick up my new tires near Heilbronn tomorrow. Not sure when it will happen, but I?m going directly to the ring from there. Depending on when I arrive I?d meet up with whoever is already there. Any (preferably german) mobile numbers of the people who will be there are greatly appreciated.

Maybe it's because I'm UKanian but I wouldn't trust stuff to still be in the tent when I came back. I'd be surprised if the tent was there. Just over 6 hours until I leave, going to get some sleep soon.

Maybe it's because I'm UKanian but I wouldn't trust stuff to still be in the tent when I came back. I'd be surprised if the tent was there. Just over 6 hours until I leave, going to get some sleep soon.

yeah, i'm a bit concerned too. But I wouldn't want to have a boot full of stuff when we go for a lap on the Ring.
I even have to haul a spare winter wheel around, cause my Focus doesn't have one. And with such a long trip, better to not take any chances

We just thought moved stuff between cars last year. Worked perfectly. And no, I won't be leaving any valuables in the tent either. I'd be stupid to.

Ford, you should still have my number from last year at least.

I'll be arriving ~14:00 on Friday and could someone please PM me a few mobile numbers to get in touch.

Yep, I still have yours and d-fences in my phone.

I?m planning to get there between 2 and 4 pm tomorrow. Don?t know if that plan will work though.
I?m really looking forward to the weekend! If the weather doesn?t turn out to be completely catastrophic like the sunday last year, I?m gonna spend lots of time at either of the two entrances. If anyone wants to come along for a lap or two just let me know somehow, I don?t force anyone to wear a helmet, but I do appreciate it when my passengers protect their heads.

If anyone wants to come along for a lap or two just let me know somehow, I don?t force anyone to wear a helmet, but I do appreciate it when my passengers protect their heads.

I'd love to ride along whenever there's a chance. Wish I could bring my helmet with me :(

As for arrival locations.. I just looked at my photos from 2009 and noticed that I didn't get off my plan until about 10am (30 minutes late) and didn't get to the baggage claim until about 30 minutes later. So that puts me in the Eifel region early afternoon, I hope. I'll go to the campsite first, and if (for some reason) no one's there, I'll go to the parking lot across from the tourist entrance.

I had a long post along the lines of blah blah don't crash into my chippy, Matt blah blah maybe pay for fuel on my card as having cash is useful blah parents filled it up for us blah 5 hour drive after not going to bed for about 20 hours, unless I grab a wink once I'm done sorting out this video blah blah but my computer crashed so I lost it.

And I would love a ride, Ford :p I don't have a helmet (other than MXMs which i could nick :p) but would be more than happy to wear one if you have a spare.

Ok, I checked DanRom, if you are going A1 A3 (from Leverkusen) A59 A565 B257 I will try to be on my way at the same time, maybe we meet. Problem is there are no proper rest areas where you could meet up in the Cologne/Bonn region, it is bloody crowded there....
What do you need other than a few parking spots? ;) There is a location right here shortly after AS Leverkusen. The routing planner says we'll be there at about 11am.

We just thought moved stuff between cars last year. Worked perfectly. And no, I won't be leaving any valuables in the tent either. I'd be stupid to.

Leaving only clothes etc. in tent, everything worth more is in my trunk. A spare wheel you can leave in your tent I guess, if all goes well our camping spot is directly across the reception/cafe/sanitary installations of the campsite, so if anyone goes stealing our tents he might be seen :)

DanRom, this area does NOT have a few parking spots, every time I drove past there were lorries queued up in the entrance.

http://maps.google.de/maps?q=leverk...id=GL25cRie4UZDbl3y6L65eQ&cbp=12,7.28,,0,8.11 (street view) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt blah blah maybe pay for fuel on my card as having cash is useful blah parents filled it up for us

blah blah blah I'll pay by Paypal when we get back then. :p

I sort of grabbed some kip earlier but the cat decided to sleep with me and wouldn't keep still. Only a 3 hour drive for me though so I should be fine. I think I've covered most surprises the Land Rover can spring on me from here to Kent (full tool kit, trolley jack, breaker bar, etc). Most of that's a standard Land Rover toolkit anyway. :D

Just realised, do your parents know what monstrosity I'm turning up in? :lol:

Last edited:
Uh...no...? :lol: Do you know how steep our drive is? :p (it's flat at the top - don't worry).

You still aiming to be here about 11ish?

Ok, for everyone and especially our convoy people as info for the meeting point: I'll be in a black BMW 5er Touring with a Munich number plate. I'll probably arrive at Wuppertal-Ehrenberg rest area early, so either you will find me snoring in the driver's seat or sitting in the restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.