• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

FinalGear Ringmeet 2014: Drunk Tents & More! Aug 14-18

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²
Yes, it's almost that time of year again. Ringmeet time!

This year, the ringmeet will coincide with the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters at the N?rburgring. Tourist drives schedule for the OGP was shorter than past years, and we wanted a change of scenery. The DTM weekend fit both bills, with more time for touist drives, and different racing series.

Camping will take place at the regular site, Victoria-Station in Kreuzberg (Ahr). Reservations have been made, and once again include a partytent.

For people too old, weak or otherwise disinclined to go camping, there's a couple hotels in the vicinity. In the past, Ringmeet visitors have had good experiences with Gasthof Faltin and Landgasthof Weihs, both of which can be found within walking distance of the campsite.

We haven't yet devised a plan for the saturday night foodfest. We won't be returning to last year's restaurant, and the replacement we had our eye on fell flat during subsequent visits. Finding a restaurant for a group our size is going to be a challenge, so watch this space.

We will once again allow people to pay in advance using the paypal and bank accounts Thomas set up for this. Once we have more information on costs, we will update this section and post payment details.

Participants

Confirmed:

Adu + wife, car, thu-sun, 96,00 ?
shad, car, thu-sun, 60,00 ?
thomas, car, thu-mon, 72,00 ?
loose_unit, nocar, thu-sun, 45,00 ?
thujalvi, nocar, thu-sun, 45,00 ?
Eye-Q, car, thu-mon, 72,00 ?
Dave +1, car, thu-sun, 96,00 ?
MXM, nocar, thu-mon, 52,00 ?
Redliner, nocar, fri-sun, 38,00 ?
DaBoom, no-car, thu-mon, 52,00 ?
metalnarf, car, fri-sun, 48,00 ?
DanRoM, car, fri-sun, 48,00 ?
Bobele, car, fri-sun, 48,00 ?
Galantti, car, thu-mon, 72,00 ?
icebone, car, thu-mon, 72,00 ?
lip, car, thu-sun, 60,00 ?
Matt2k, car, thu-mon, 72,00 ?
Adamar, car, fri-mon, 60,00 ?
TobiasG, car, fri-sun, 48,00 ?
public, car, thu-mon, 72,00 ?
D-Fence, car, thu-sun, 60,00 ?
MWF +1, nocar, thu-mon, 92,00 ?
Beni, car, fri-sun, 48,00 ?
nicjasno +1, car, thu-mon, 112,00 ?
Adrian, car, thu-mon, 72,00 ?
Fairlady, car, thu-mon, 72,00 ?
Lastsoul, (car?), thu-sun, 45,00 ? / 52,50 ? (no-car or split car fees)
Posambique, (car?), thu-sun, 45,00 ? / 52,50 ? (no-car or spit car fees)
DaHitch, car, fri-sun, 48,00 ?

Hotelfolks (drinks, bbq, partytent)

leviathan, 22,50 ?
dr_grip, 22,50 ?
eizb?r , 22,50 ?
MacGuffin, 22,50 ?

effectively confirmed:

narf
- currently planning trip combined with work and setting things up
- will know definitely soon

mutlor
- a person barely anyone here knows, attended last years meet for like an hour or so before he had to left and couldn't return due to work
- tends to bring Haribo (remember that ton of those from last year? :p)
- drives an invisible car (silver mondeo, V6 automatic)
- will be around if nothing work-related comes up, is basically a local, won't stay overnight

As of right now that makes 37 confirmed participants, plus narf and multor. As of right now I basically don't have anyone on "maybe" anymore. Suedschleife may stop by on the weekend. Kaboon is out for good, as is BlaRo.

Payment Status

I will do this list in reverse now, as its way shorter. So this is the list of confirmed participants who have NOT paid yet:

- public
- Beni
- nicjasno +1
- Adrian
- Fairlady
- Lastsoul
- Posambique
- dr_grip

And for the sake of it, the obligatory financial fineprint again:

German Account numbers:
Bank: DKB (Deutsche Kreditbank AG)
Account: 1018604924
BIC (BLZ): 12030000

European numbers (SEPA):
IBAN: DE36 1203 0000 1018 6049 24
BIC: BYLADEM1001

If my personal information are required by the bank (which apparently is a thing for some banks):
Thomas Endesfelder
Traubenstrasse 40
71106 Magstadt

Paypal:
ringmeet@gmx.com
ATTENTION: If using Paypal, you will have to add the fee. Usually adding 2 EUR should do the trick for all attending nations. If you want to find the exact number, feel free to use one of the plenty web-calculators for that. Or you could check the "I pay the fee" box, which apparently is a thing.

Name of account owner in all cases: Thomas Endesfelder
FYI: This is a separate account at a different bank, it is not my private account and will not be mixed with my private financials. Its set up for and dedicated to Finalgear Ringmeet purposes only.

Last edited:
I will be there!

Fri-Sun for sure

I shall endeavor to be there, and unless my personal economy collapses (which it might, I'm a bit shit with money.) only some kind of airport related industrial action will hold be back!

I'll be there, too, I think from Thursday to Monday.

Me too - Thursday to Sunday is the plan. Going to planefag home though. I can't cope with that drive through Belgium again!

Pfft you really are pathetic! :p

I will probably leave on Sunday so I don't have to take Monday off. :)

That might take a while....

I know, and to top it off, I'm terminally busy at work, something to do with the last stages of a migration from old XP desktops to VDI stuff. Leaves little room in my head for other stuff...

Pfft you really are pathetic! :p

I will probably leave on Sunday so I don't have to take Monday off. :)

In that case - shotgun. For the same reasons. Just stick me in the back - guaranteed sleep, right?

Hmm, not sure if I'll be able to make it that weekend. It will depend if I'm able to get an extra week off from work and even if I did I'd have to hurry home on sunday because I have an early shift the day after. :/
Which would most likely mean I'd be out of the road trip too. :/

You hand-picked this date, didn't you?
I am planning on being on Turku August 11-14th. :D

Flight from Turku to Frankfurt or Cologne Friday 15th, someone picks you up. Win.

Also is Token coming this year?

If so what is he going to borrow from the AMG stable?

Plans are to get the big grey murderer-wagon to the Ring this year and beat the Ringoo lap time. Don't all rush at once to join me as a passenger. :p

Sadly it won't make a good cool wall though because it's ally like the Panamera was. Great as a sun shade though...

Edit: This is why I've said that I won't be on the roadtrip, getting back to UKania before the end of the trip and fetching the Disco to then drive it back across Europe is just bananas.

Last edited:
Edit: This is why I've said that I won't be on the roadtrip, getting back to UKania before the end of the trip and fetching the Disco to then drive it back across Europe is just bananas.

It is. That's why you drive it to Adu's, Joe's or wherever near the 'ring and hitch a ride from there.. ;)

One of these days I'll make it to a Ringmeet. Flights run about $1600 for coach though. :(

^ The correct answer to that is 'Yes I shall attend'. :p

In that case - shotgun. For the same reasons. Just stick me in the back - guaranteed sleep, right?

Suspension should be a little less wafty by then, but the car is faster...

You're on the old continent at the time and you have the nerve to not show up at the meet?!

Exactly!

It would be PERFECT.