Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

We had the date discussion each year for the past five years and in the end it always was Oldtimer Grand Prix. Let's agree on that now, it will enable CraigB to plan drag racing season with that weekend off and reunite him with his lost love Lucille.

That was my thinking too...

Hey, if you don't want me to attend a third time, just say it... :p

As usual, I'm not-in-a-tentatively in for any weekend.

Wouldn't mind ogp, wouldn't mind other things.

I'm fine with any date but would prefer end of July/begin of August, so I don't have to completely throw my applied vacation plan overboard. So basically I'm with Adu.

at the moment, anything goes, since my vacation for summer is decided in april.

Preferably always the weekend before August 16th, cause that's when a colleague goes to Sienna for the Palio. And then there's enough room before to possibly join the roadtrip.

Last edited:
Hey, if you don't actually want to move to Germany so you can attend whenever at the very least on the weekend, just say it.. :p

Heh. I wish.:(

As I have loose ideas about my summer vacation but no date yet, I'll just stay out of this. On the date you all choose (so, OGP weekend), I'll be either somewhere far away or at the Ringmeet.

It seems Eifel Rallye would finally be on a different weekend than Rad am ring. But as has been mentioned, that's really not a weekend (being the drift event) where I'd feel any more safe during touristenfahrten.. But no schedule limitations here, so I'm fine with anything (or OGP, as it looks like). :)

Given that at least one co-worker has scheduled his summer vacation mid august, I myself am already not looking all that great in terms of time off. But hey.. it'll work out, somehow.

Basically everyone has to follow your schedule, since you are the main organizer :p

I may be the only one that wouldn't mind the truck event weekend.

It would certainly be something different, and the races should be spectacular, plus it doesn't attract such a huge number of people doing tourist laps.

I freely admit that I don't care about any N?rburgring event at all.

I go there because I enjoy the nice company and the being together of folks from all over the globe. The Ringmeet has become a checkpoint in my anual schedule and the people and the rituals (BBQ, Quiz, Restaurant, Br?nnchen, Ringmeet Awards, Entrance Car Spotting) is something I always look forward to. I enjoy the company of people more than the company of cars, tbh. I like how the group developed and has become what I called a kind of "brotherhood" ;)

But to each his own :)

Reactions: MWF
I freely admit that I don't care about any N?rburgring event at all.

I go there because I enjoy the nice company and the being together of folks from all over the globe. The Ringmeet has become a checkpoint in my anual schedule and the people and the rituals (BBQ, Quiz, Restaurant, Br?nnchen, Ringmeet Awards, Entrance Car Spotting) is something I always look forward to. I enjoy the company of people more than the company of cars, tbh. I like how the group developed and has become what I called a kind of "brotherhood" ;)

But to each his own :)

QFT and very well put.

I may be the only one that wouldn't mind the truck event weekend.

Truck GP actually might work really well for me since I have a mandatory vacation July 3-7. Now how to convince my superiors to send a Raptor over there for me to use.... for science.

Marketing?
Product testing?

Entry in the race :lol: