Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

I have big hands...

You know that's precisely the reason I turned down the offer of a hand-job from Tara Palmer-Tomkinson. She has mitts like a Bundesliga goalie.

Little Matt is small enough without scale issues.... :blush:

You know that's precisely the reason I turned down the offer of a hand-job from Tara Palmer-Tomkinson. She has mitts like a Bundesliga goalie.

Little Matt is small enough without scale issues.... :blush:

:tvhorror:

Anyway, I'm most likely in. With the whole family, probably :ph34r:

Bloody hell the last 10 years haven't been kind. I was watching clips of old I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here the other week (don't ask) and she wasn't that scary then.

Anyway I have nothing planned for next year. Not keen on a July Ringmeet really but I'd still be able to make it.

Not going to lie, for once in my life I do want to meet you all but plans are that I am going to be part of a family trip to South Korea, but if finances permit (as well as jobs and schooling etc.) I can fit in some time in Europe. If not, try the year after that.

South Korea is halfway between Melbourne and Germany, just continue on after the South Korea trip. :p

All roads lead to Kreuzberg/Altenahr ;)

I think from a point of view of flight prices, booking vacation time off work etc we really all should agree a date by the end of the year.

Can we just add a poll to this thread and agree that it closes at midnight on Dec 31st?

I realise there will be some who for whatever reason can't make the (almost inevitable) OGP weekend but for those potential intercontinental travellers the longer they have to plan the better chance they have of not getting buttsechsed on the air fare.

Which one is importanter, the 10th or the 10-years-anniversary edition? :p

Neither, but any Ringmeet is far more importanter than anything else. It trumps Royal Weddings, Granny's funeral and the arrival of your firstborn*.

*We promise that Adu will ask the questions in the Pub Quiz between contractions but please keep the noise to a minimum so that public can concentrate on winning.

Again.

There must be someone in Yurp renting Mustang V8s, you just won't be able to 'Ring it but someone else will let you drive theirs I'm sure.

If you can handle RHD and a stick together you can use mine if you want.

There must be someone in Yurp renting Mustang V8s, you just won't be able to 'Ring it but someone else will let you drive theirs I'm sure.

If my experience with rental cars means anything, then I'll predict that IF a rental company offers Mustangs, it will in 90 % off all cases be EcoBoosts. And he'd probably be not able (or willing) to pay for it.

Edit: Just checked it. About 260 Euros a day or 670 Euros for a weekend.

Endulge yourself :p

Last edited:

If you can handle RHD and a stick together you can use mine if you want.

Thanks for the offer, Matt, I may take you up on it. If there's a UK based roadtrip and I can score more time off I may do that. I intend to visit Bologna, Maranello, Alps, and some of France while I'm there since I've missed out every other time as I've been devoid of transport.

:lol: find me something I can have for 2 weeks for ?1k total expenditure, ie insured and T?Ved and I'll think about it.

Doit. I'll meet you at the Alps then. :cool:

Looking like shipping is going to run around $2k, so probably out of the cards, but I found a place where I can rent a Vstrom 1000 or Bandit 1250 for ?400 a week, which is much more plausible.

Last edited: