Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

I'll bring some local stuff too like last year. Hope there's no repeats.

Can you bring some of that amazing stuff we had at Sylvestermeet? Those beers were amazing - I seem to recall one was named after a helicopter or something...

Drawing a blank, sorry. There were some pics from the tasting, see if you can spot it there.

In an unexpected turn of events, I will also be attending the meet along with my gf and the Clio 182. I went through the thread cursorily, but found it slightly lacking in information, and as a first timer I've no idea about any of the proceedings. We would probably arrive on thursday evening and stay at the campsite (provided there is room left), can someone quickly run me through the cost, whom to pay, etc.?

Woohoo! More people! :mouse:

There is a lengthy explanation in this post. There is enough room left, up until now we weren't able to fill the whole yard, and if we get problems we can always move closer togetzer. I guess you'll share a tent, right? If yes, it's 114 Euros, but if you are bringing two tents it'll be 119 Euros.

Thanks for the link, Eye-Q, was too lazy to search for some time!

Paid!

Incorrect :p. Unless they share a tent or whatever they decide to sleep in. If they don't, it is 119 EUR ;).

List updated.

Thanks! Sorry for late reply, I was 24/7 working on Rally Finland for the last week. I'll pay via Paypal today!

Edit: money with few euros extra transferred via Paypal.

Are you bringing a press car again ? If so, I'm looking forward, what shiny, and hopefully exclusiv, new thing you'll present us :D.

I'm pretty sure I'll take the cheapest rental from the airport this time. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any kind of sportsball shirt that would fit me that I might borrow for about 5 minutes on the Saturday evening please?

It doesn't have to be from your local area. ;)

Does anyone have any kind of sportsball shirt that would fit me that I might borrow for about 5 minutes on the Saturday evening please?
You should fit into my old BVB jersey without breaking it, and if you break it, it's no loss... (cannot check the size right now)

I received a bunch of payments yesterday and will update the post accordingly after work today. I'll also probably go ahead and contact whoever hasn't paid yet, given it's not far out anymore.

In an unexpected turn of events, I will also be attending the meet along with my gf and the Clio 182. I went through the thread cursorily, but found it slightly lacking in information, and as a first timer I've no idea about any of the proceedings. We would probably arrive on thursday evening and stay at the campsite (provided there is room left), can someone quickly run me through the cost, whom to pay, etc.?

Well, that is great to hear! New people are always welcome! Let me break down the facts for you:

- there is always space!
- what people are paying for covers:
-- the cost for the campsite itself (with everything but the showers for which you buy coins for on site),
-- the bbq on friday night
-- and a flatrate for beer and alcohol free beverages provided in a cooled trailer during the entire duration of ringmeet.

A bit more detail can be found here:
https://forums.finalgear.com/finalg...-ten-years-already-61344/page-18/#post2440918

What you pay depends on your duration of stay and such. You + GF with a car assuming sharing a tent, staying from thursday to monday would be 114 EUR total for the both of you and all of the above. If you were to leave sunday already, I'll give you the exact number after work, but from the top of my head, 102 EUR or something like that sounds about right.

Yes, yes, yes! I am in as Lastsoul pointed - this is going to be great.

Sorry for all the possible inconvenience this has caused.

Updated the LIST with..
- the latest payments.
- I also removed Stigs friend, since I learned he'll only be there on thursday and stay in a hotel, which makes him pretty much irrelevant in my book.
- I also added Posmo w/ +1, for now Thu-Mon, until I get corrected or confirmed on the monday.
- I corrected Lastbique since I had a minor error in there, only counting one for thu-mon but the +1 only for thu-sun, which is why there is now a 7? discrepancy, but that was already covered anyway.
- Removed Kaboon from the maybe list, since he is in the actual list!?
- Removed Misrabelle from the maybe list, because let's face it..

I also contacted the people with outstanding payments.

I also contacted the campsite and placed the order for Beer and non-alcoholic beverages to be delviered in the Frailer?.

I also contacted the restaurant to confirm the more or less final number of people for saturday.

So we're at 36 people. I'd say that's pretty much in the butter zone for a good Ringmeet - enough people to create a good atmosphere but not so many that we gat to Sunday lunchtime and realise we are saying goodbye to folk we've barely had the chance to speak to.

So we're at 36 people. I'd say that's pretty much in the butter zone for a good Ringmeet - enough people to create a good atmosphere but not so many that we gat to Sunday lunchtime and realise we are saying goodbye to folk we've barely had the chance to speak to.

As usual, 42 is the answer?

Reactions: MWF
So the Ringmeet Awards.....

If you won an award last year don't worry about buying anything however it would be appreciated if, as a former prize winner, you would be willing to contribute some bucks (suggested donation 5 Euros) towards the prizes. I won't be claiming any of the donated monies back against what I was personally willing to contribute, all will be used exclusively for the purpose of enhancing the prize offering.

And drinks
Given the relative lack of availability of cider in most forms in 'Schland we will be bringing a case of some kind of fruit cider(s) with us for those who prefer it however as this will be for general consumption it would be appreciated if we could be reimbursed.

I will also be selecting a number of beers/ales for the tasting however these will donated to the cause.

Finally big thanks to the Adus for picking us up a case of La Choufe - we will settle up on arrival.

I plan on bringing some (duty free :D) non-beer alcohol (likely whiskey).

What else should I contribute? I'm seeing stuff about prizes but have no idea how that works.

Is there a Ringmeet 101 writeup somewhere?

I plan on bringing some (duty free :D) non-beer alcohol (likely whiskey).

What else should I contribute? I'm seeing stuff about prizes but have no idea how that works.

Is there a Ringmeet 101 writeup somewhere?

Ringmeet is a magical thing that happens the way it should even though it shouldn't.

Just go and prepare to have your abs ache from laughter. You will want to go back every year and meet again with those wankers, over and over again.