Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

Adjusted our stay so that we will leave Altenahr on Sunday evening and drive towards Hannover then. We will most likely be driving in a convoy with Dr_Grip!

Standing around, doing nothing, while looking at people repairing their cars.

Standing around, doing nothing, waiting for ADAC.

Reactions: lip
I appreciate the effort, but that's not what I meant. :lol:

I was thinking of things like prizes, stuff to contribute to, y'know?

They are all idiots, sorry.

It's standing around in a circle doing nothing.

Sometimes sitting in a circle doing nothing.

Drinking beer at that point, usually.

Occasionally suddenly splitting the group in a chaotic departure with multiple vehicles, driving to a new location getting people lost along the way, then standing around doing nothing at said new location.

I guess this calls for a new t-shirt :D

There is no expectation of you other than to bring yourself and get involved in proceedings - some people in the past have remained quite shy and we have found ourselves bidding them farewell having barely exchanged a word. Which is a shame when you think about it.

If you would like to bring something to contribute then a bottle of quality liquor would be appropriate. Ice usually brings some rakija and/or some travarice up from the Balkans, last year MacGuffin provided some excellent single malt Scotch and we expect to continue the tradition begun last year of a civilised beer tasting after the BBQ and before the pub quiz on Friday evening. I've already bought a few British beers for that and others will be doing similar.

Occasionally suddenly splitting the group in a chaotic departure with multiple vehicles, driving to a new location getting people lost along the way, then standing around doing nothing at said new location.

Yeah, also this.

There's 30 people sitting down in a circle, drinking and talking.
You go to the bathroom/your tent/whatever and 5 minutes later 20 people vanished.

"Where did everybody go?"
"Play Assetto Corsa at Joe's house."

*2 minutes later*

"I checked Telegram. Adrian broke down on the way there. [insert name here] is lost, driving around in circles. The Finns went back to the hotel."

[actual answer]

Theeeeere we go.

I've got some consumables and swag from the US, and I'm working on procuring some local consumables here in Bosnia as well. We'll see what zee Germans let me bring in. :lol:

Reactions: MWF
last year MacGuffin provided some excellent single malt Scotch and we expect to continue the tradition begun last year of a civilised beer tasting after the BBQ and before the pub quiz on Friday evening.

In my current mood, the hightlight will be getting drunk on Thursday and Friday. I'll tell you why when I get there.

Pretty sure this stuff is some 45% alcohol or thereabouts, but it's in unmarked bottles since it's homemade. I want to bring 1l for the Ringmeet and 1l to take with me to the US, so 2l would enter Germany with me.

Two liters of >22% need two people to be customs exempt when taking stuff from outside the EU into the EU.

Two liters of >22% need two people to be customs exempt when taking stuff from outside the EU into the EU.

Not happening. What if I say it's less than 22%, will they believe me? It's homemade, so I don't really know, to be fair :lol:

Not happening. What if I say it's less than 22%, will they believe me? It's homemade, so I don't really know, to be fair :lol:

:dunno: the fees are really low, like 6.8?/l, so if you do cross the border with customs people present I'd say it's not worth the trouble to try and game the system. You can of course be highly transparent "so, I've got this homemade booze, not a lot, no idea how potent, would you like to do a lot of paperwork on it?" :D