Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

Not happening. What if I say it's less than 22%, will they believe me? It's homemade, so I don't really know, to be fair :lol:

Meh, just walk through the border - It's unlikely you will get stopped anyway. Just don't bring more than 1L and you will be fine.

Illegally importing things?! Nobody here would EVER do that.. :mrgreen:

Just imagine if people imported $1100 car parts in their luggage and didn't declare it and pay taxes but just walked through like you suggested.. Madness :rolleyes:

Meh, just walk through the border - It's unlikely you will get stopped anyway. Just don't bring more than 1L and you will be fine.

The whole point is that I need to bring 2L?

There is no expectation of you other than to bring yourself and get involved in proceedings - some people in the past have remained quite shy and we have found ourselves bidding them farewell having barely exchanged a word. Which is a shame when you think about it.

If you would like to bring something to contribute then a bottle of quality liquor would be appropriate. Ice usually brings some rakija and/or some travarice up from the Balkans, last year MacGuffin provided some excellent single malt Scotch and we expect to continue the tradition begun last year of a civilised beer tasting after the BBQ and before the pub quiz on Friday evening. I've already bought a few British beers for that and others will be doing similar.

yyb3U2J.png

With merely a few days to go, almost everybody paid. Sadly I had to remove KaBoon from the list who just can't make it happen, bringing it down to 36 people. On the plus side we should have more space in the partytent I guess. I'll update the payment list later today, which is basically almost done anyway.

Dear people of the Finalgear! As one more ringmeet aproaches, so does my thirst for some Rekorderlig! :D

This is why Tobias has ordered some and it's currently sitting, waiting for someone to pick it up near Flensburg, German/Danish border.
Couple obvious choices, people traveling through said place, were or will be there when the shop is not open.

I would like to ask for HELP! If someone else is/has someone passing by to pick it up, OR if someone whos is attending ringmeet would be willing to recieve it as a package in .de and give it to IceBone at Ringmeet?
Mind you, if the transport is deemed too much, then it probably wouldn't be worth it, the 2 packs alone are only worth 26euro.

So, if someone has a yes to these, that'd be great, if not, I guess either they'll refund the money or Tobias will get a couple packs of cider :D

It's only saturday, I hope that maybe we can get it sortedthrough next week in time for ringmeet!

As compensation I would pay for transport and this favor in money or whichever form you think is good :)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Not just Schengen, you cannot enter most countries without a passport valid for more than 6 months after the planned ending of your stay. But that's not good, what's the backup plan?

Temporary passport?

MWF, IceBone: I've got 1L of pear rakija ready to go.

Unrelatedly, I may or may not have miscalculated how much swag I needed to bring, so there'll be some encouragement to take extras. :lol:

Anyway, this is what I plan on bringing:

1. 1L of rakija, pear, homemade, in a sketchily labeled bottle. Prepare thy livers.
2. Some Altoids for everyone. Yes, everyone.
3. Some surprise swag, as souvenirs from the US (sense of humor required, so it may be a tough sell ;)). This is the thing I have nearly twice as many of as there will be attendees?
4. Whiskey and Coke, I think? I don't have this yet, but I was thinking of picking up some duty-free Jack and Coke for general consumption as well. I'm kinda' lost in all the conversations about what people are bringing, so feel free to tell me if you think it's unnecessary. Since I most definitely want to avoid beer, and I don't like mixing alcohols too much anyway, I'd drink this all myself, too. :lol:
4. My glorious self, obviously. :D

Camp out at passport office on Monday, hope they can squeeze me in and I can get it same day. Then reschedule flight.
Fingers crossed!

4. Whiskey and Coke, I think? I don't have this yet, but I was thinking of picking up some duty-free Jack and Coke for general consumption as well. I'm kinda' lost in all the conversations about what people are bringing, so feel free to tell me if you think it's unnecessary. Since I most definitely want to avoid beer, and I don't like mixing alcohols too much anyway, I'd drink this all myself, too. :lol:
Well you know there is places nearby to obtain any kind of regular beverage desired. There is no explicit need to buy stuff ahead of time if all you want is some Jack n Coke.. especially since Coke will be provided at the campsite for part of the fee.

4. Whiskey and Coke, I think?
4. My glorious self, obviously. :D

1, 2, 3, 4, 4. Sounds plausible.

3. Some surprise swag, as souvenirs from the US (sense of humor required, so it may be a tough sell ;)). This is the thing I have nearly twice as many of as there will be attendees?

MAGA hats for everyone?

4. Whiskey, I think? I don't have this yet, but I was thinking of picking up some duty-free for general consumption as well.

If you happen to go via the Stelvio region, there are two customs-exempt areas along the way :D