Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

Getting ready to leave here. Still need to get a few things done, will probably be at the campsite around 15:00-16:00.

Oh, Pangaea, why did you have to break-up...

I'm here - alone. With empty cars. Where is everyone???

I'm setting off in an hour or so, should be there at around 9PM depending on traffic and stuff... Gotta say, the weather forecast looks rather unpleasant :-/

Made it to Cologne!

Weather is overrated. We have enough beer to compensate

What is the plan for Friday afternoon? I might get going after lunch, making my ETA around 4 or 5 pm.

Oh, Pangaea, why did you have to break-up...

Word, so jealous. Really wish I had my shit together enough to be able to go...

Change of plans, can't make it today, will only arrive some time tomorrow during the day :(

And I made it home, almost 12 hours since I left the campsite.... Total kilometers for me was 1746,9

Eye-Q what happend at the autobahn near dortmund (I think), I drove past you just as you were getting out of your car and walking to the car behind you? (also, how on earth did I manage to keep up with you :blink: )

Will post the brownie recipe tomorrow when I get on my computer :)

I arrived safely back home around 7 p.m.

I avoided the A1 north of Wuppertal because of traffic jams. Instead I used the A31 and had coffee and cake with my mother in Oldenburg before I returned home.

Eye-Q what happend at the autobahn near dortmund (I think), I drove past you just as you were getting out of your car and walking to the car behind you?
The Merc of an elderly couple on their way back from their holidays broke down, I tried to help them. There was a spot not 50 metres to the right where it would have been much safer to stand, unfortunately with all their luggage in the trunk they weren't able to get to their tow hook so I couldn't tow them and their automatic transmission was stuck in park so I wasn't able to push the car either. They had already called the police and the ADAC though so I had to leave them after failing to help. I hope they're OK though, they were from the same district I grew up in.

(also, how on earth did I manage to keep up with you :blink: )
It wasn't necessary to drive quickly so I did an economy run. ;) I was back in Hamburg around 17:00h, my tent is standing in the communal laundry room in the basement and the rest is unpacked as well.

Also made it safely back home ... i wish we had weather like this for Friday and Saturday. But it was still fun though. Also the booze from the Frailer did help alot :p :lol:

Will post the brownie recipe tomorrow when I get on my computer :)
The brownies were AWESOME! Thank you again!

I arrived home at 7:30ish yesterday evening. And even though I did not try hypermiling her, I got 16 MPG (14,64l/100km) out of Lucille! I think an actual economy run (stick to 60mph) should get me to below 14 liters / 16.9mpg.

The brownies were AWESOME! Thank you again!

You're welcome again :)

And here is the recipe
Brownies with Yankie Bar

100 g butter
2 eggs
3 dl cane sugar
1,5 dl flour
4 tablespoons cocoa
1,5 teaspoons vanilla sugar
0,5 teaspoons salt
120 g Yankie bar, 4 bars (dunno if it can be bought everywhere, but it's similar to mars and japp bars)

Melt the butter and leave it to cool down
Whisk the eggs and sugar to an airy mass
Mix the dry ingredients and sift it into the egg/sugar
Add the melted butter and stir thoroughly
Put the dough in a baking tray
Cut the yankie bars in smaller pieces and add them to the tray (can be done after the butter but i prefer to do it here to distribute them evenly) poke the pieces into the dough and cover with dough
Bake for 20-25 mins at 180 C

The ones I took to ringmeet was 4x this recipe so one would probably fit a 20x20cm tray

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for ensuing weight gain/diabetus/addiction/ect. :p

It wasn't necessary to drive quickly so I did an economy run. ;) I was back in Hamburg around 17:00h, my tent is standing in the communal laundry room in the basement and the rest is unpacked as well.

Uhm, yeah I did that too :p on the autobahn going to ringmeet i did 4,2 l/100km, on the way back I did 4,4 l/100km, think it was all the stop/start around the roadworks/stau, I should really get my tent dried too, it's still rolled up and wet :-/

I gave the Mustang the beans and had to refuel 50 km from home :p

Impressive figures from Lucille, not much worse than my Disco...

Looking forward to the pictures.