FinalGear Shirts: 2010 Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Due to popular demand, we are having a shirt design contest for the 2010 FinalGear Shirts.

Different rules this time, so please read them carefully before designing!

Each color you put into the design must be on a separate layer. Each layer can be a maximum of 13" by 13", and the overall design can be no larger than 20" tall x 15" wide. The maximum layer limitation is due to the size of the screens, and the maximum design size is because it has to fit the smallest shirt printed (Small). The design only needs to be on one-side of the shirt, as does not have to incorporate the FinalGear logo. The design can be on the front or front+back of the shirt, but not the sleeves.

All prior shirts were Gildan Ultra Cotton (100% Cotton, 6.1oz Color Guide). Most people approved of them, and they hold up well to the abuse, so we may be sticking with that brand. I will check with the printer to see what other brands are available.

The design contest is open from now until June 10th, at which point they will be put into voting for a week, then orders will occur for two-three weeks. Depending on the results of the votes, the top 2/4/6 may be printed.

Wining designers get a few free shirts, and we may throw something else into the prize bags.

Multiple entries are allowed. You can post low resolution versions in this thread, but the final versions must be sent in PM to me.

Final delivered versions must be in PSD or EPS format (But pre-voting can be in JPEG/PNG), with each color as a separate layer in the psd/eps.

All profits generated by the shirts goes directly towards hardware and the hosting of FinalGear-- By selling shirts you get something physical through the wonders of mail, along with all these magical digital bits of happiness.

Boilerplate legal thing:
All entries submitted will be property of FinalGear.com. We can/will use what you submit, and you will not be entitled to revoke the usage of said content, relicense the entries to another party, or . Also, please do not submit any copywritten materials, or designs incorporating trademarks/copyrights of others (No Top Gear logo, no names of the hosts, no manufacturer's logos.. we just can't afford to license their trademarks).

Final choice of the winner rests with the sole discretion of FinalGear.com i.e., if we choose we can simply ignore all your votes and pick what we like, but so far we go with what people want.

Dimensions of a Gildan Small:

Link to previous contest vote thread;
http://forums.finalgear.com/off-topic/finalgear-shirts-2009-fall-vote-thread-thingy-38748/

I'm glad we finally unearthed this contest from a shallow grave.

I vote for the option of just buying a pack of undershirts and Quiky writes "Finalgear.com" on the front of each one. Sell for $25.

Edit: :D

Concept, free to anyone who's a better artist than I:

Deer with an Audi emblem dangling from his antlers.

Stick with the shirts we had last time, they are very comfortable and hold up well.

Are we going to do a Special Edition shirt for forum members only? We talked about it last time as a way to recognize active members of the FG community.

Or a shirt with the text "A dramatic pause makes all the difference" on the front and then "In the world" on the back :)

If someone would be willing to make a design out of this, I'd be grateful :D

No ideas of my own as of yet but I quite like the idea of the "dramatic pause" one.

Or how about a deer with a speech bubble - "You're hilarious!" (Just kidding)

Okay, it's late and I can't get the font just...'right', but here's my first try:

FinalGearShirt.png

And the back:

FinalGearShirtback.png

^ (sorry!)

That should be the members only shirt. I would buy that if it was polished up a bit :D

Concept, free to anyone who's a better artist than I:

Deer with an Audi emblem dangling from his antlers.

I suck at Photoshop, but I NEED THIS T-SHIRT IN MY LIFE.

:lol:

I'm doing the Lancia one, no one upstage me D:

Vectoring is easier than i thought :p

I'd like a reprint of the original shirt as mine is starting to fade. For the dramatic pause shirt, I like having the entire thing on the front. Maybe:

[Dramatic Pause] in the world

How about a shirt that doesn't fuck over one of our own members? For one thing, no on else will understand it, including most the people who buy the shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.